Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid Vaccine Guinea Pigs?

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes - Give it to me

Votes: 80 50.0%
  • No - Let nature take it's course

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I'll let other people get it first - then wait and see how it all pans out!

Votes: 62 38.8%

• Total voters
Well this vaccine is being rushed out, with zero studies on long term affects which may or may not cause damage or unwanted side effects to the human body. I for one won't be taking it and I think the Queen, all the politicians etc, should be forced to get it first if it's being forced on people,then if they don't die or turn into mongs, let some of the young people get it first.
I say let nature do it's thing. We have lived with virus, disease and war since the beginning of time, and yet we have survived (well the strong have). Let the weak die, there's no point trying to fight nature - it's the way of the universe!

How do we know this vaccine won't harm unborn babies? Just like the thalidomide scandal was covered up for about 50 years, I expect some people will be affected negatively by this vaccine - and the government will try to cover it up.

Last edited:
Just like the thalidomide scandal was covered up for about 50 years,
People keep trotting out Thalidomide as an example. Thalidomide wasn't a vaccine. it was a drug.
And far from being covered up, Thalidomide was withdrawn for use in the UK after only 5 years.
zero studies on long term affects
How are you supposed to study long term effects of a new vaccine?
if it's being forced on people,
Where has anyone said this will be forced on people, You will have a choice, but don't reckon on foriegn travel or access to large public gatherings without it in the future.

In this context ‘Vaccine’ has become an emotive word.
It would be far better if these various solutions were referred to as ‘Immunotherapy’ - successfully used in cancer treatment - because that is the principle on which they work.
Indeed, the company that developed the Pfizer product is known for its work in immunotherapy.

Last edited:
Will it be like the Gulf War 1 wonder jab and cause illness years later?

I had them and I've been fine.

*twitch twitch*

But seriously, I think Gulf War Syndrome was found to be caused by depleted uranium from certain types of weapon systems.

Lots of Septics had GW syndrome too and they didn't get the jabs.

I'll have the vaccine. I'm not arsed.

But if I had small children, they wouldn't be getting it. Kids aren't at risk of the corona', so why put them at risk with a relatively untested/unknown vaccine?

I had them and I've been fine.

*twitch twitch*

But seriously, I think Gulf War Syndrome was found to be caused by depleted uranium from certain types of weapon systems.

Lots of Septics had GW syndrome too and they didn't get the jabs.

I heard it was down to fly spray.

I’m sure I saw a report donkeys’ years ago that because of the fly epidemic in the tented camp in Saudi that there had been a rush for the various QMs to buy ‘Pif-Paf’ and other such fly sprays from the local market.

Fly spray is from the same family of chemicals as nerve agent. Hence that little dance flies do when they’re sprayed.

IIRC there was a greater incidence of GWS amongst support troops than amongst front line troops who didn’t stay in the tented camp so long. Which would support the fly spray theory. But it was a long time ago and I certainly don’t have any data, just some old memories of the story.

I spent the summer of 91 in the oil fires and had a shockingly bad chest infection when I came home. I also handled quite a lot of DU rounds from the A-10s. I was more than a little worried when the news about GWS came out.

People keep trotting out Thalidomide as an example. Thalidomide wasn't a vaccine. it was a drug.
And far from being covered up, Thalidomide was withdrawn for use in the UK after only 5 years. . . .

The reason why Thalidomide produced the horrendous consequences that it did was because no one, clinically, asked the question about effects on a pregnant subject.*

. . . and the drug is still in very restricted use.

*an element that now forms a standard part of all compound testing.

And far from being covered up, Thalidomide was withdrawn for use in the UK after only 5 years.

Where has anyone said this will be forced on people, You will have a choice, but don't reckon on foriegn travel or access to large public gatherings without it in the future.
I certainly think that a vaccination certificate as an additional entry document is a nailed-on certainty for many countries in the future.

International travel is easier to control with documentation, but how would anyone determine whether an individual has been vaccinated before being permitted to access large public gatherings?

If the un-vaccinated individual does gain access to large public gatherings, what danger would they pose to those vaccinated?

International travel is easier to control with documentation, but how would anyone determine whether an individual has been vaccinated before being permitted to access large public gatherings?

If the un-vaccinated individual does gain access to large public gatherings, what danger would they pose to those vaccinated?
There has already been talk of an "immunity passport" for those testing positive for antibodies, to allow access to stuff, but I agree that it is fairly impractical. I can't see it happening.

GDog

Old-Salt
There has already been talk of an "immunity passport" for those testing positive for antibodies, to allow access to stuff, but I agree that it is fairly impractical. I can't see it happening.
It's whether or not nations decide to make it an entry requirement in a similar way to Yellow Fever certificates.

Ultimately I suspect this won't happen as it will eventually be seen to be both unworkable from an admin PoV and unimportant if the vaccination/immunity rate is similar in all countries - the reasons why flu vaccines aren't mandated for travel.

I do expect the media to hype up the idea of covid vaccines being required for travel to the nth degree however, as it pushes along the government's agenda to get everyone to acquiesce to a mass-vaccination program.

I can see the question of ID cards raising it's head again in the near future. Included on your ID will be your status re COVID vaccinations, any other illnesses etc.
No ID, no entry and no abillity to order tickets online etc.

GDog

Old-Salt
I can see the question of ID cards raising it's head again in the near future. Included on your ID will be your status re COVID vaccinations, any other illnesses etc.
No ID, no enrty and no abillity to order tickets online etc.
This dystopian nightmare is why so many campaigned against ID cards and the "database state" the last time around in the late 2000s.

People in the UK mock China with its Social Credit system, thinking it won't happen to them.

Latest Threads