Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Covid Passports - Yay or ney?

Should we have have Covid passports?

• Total voters
Quite. Do you think all these little cabals having been given the opportunity to over reach their authority and influence will be happy relinquishing it?
Nope. But I suspect they’ll gradually be ignored and end up as yet anothet twitter stream full of “I told you so” and ”PM, grrr” type comments from bitter and angry people upset at no longer having their brilliance recognised.

Nope. But I suspect they’ll gradually be ignored and end up as yet anothet twitter stream full of “I told you so” and ”PM, grrr” type comments from bitter and angry people upset at no longer having their brilliance recognised.

It would be nice to think so but Neil Ferguson has been at this for 20 years, every blunder of his costing the country billions more than he previous one, the damage this man has done is incalculable and he shows no signs of stopping or anyone stopping him.

I really have no idea why anyone would decide to NOT have a jab. Its not like we haven't all had vaccines for various other crap, & the very few of us on here who did serve will have had more jabs for various nasties than civpop gimps spouting about civil liberties & ooman rights.
Its going to be great in the next 12 months as various bodies decide that proof of vaccine is needed before anyone can use their services etc. Balls to the idiots.

:-D I didn't quite mean it like that.

I'm actually pleased that you've taken to it.
The first 2-3 months were the worst I think and the last couple have been hard. It isn't the working from home, it is the having nothing to do in the evenings, that has been the killer. As we come out the otherside of this it will be a lot better, and I will enjoy it more.

Thing is London is in for a rude awakening when it comes to people coming back, see that property prices are beginning to accelerate up North as people leave London and the surrounding areas.

It would be nice to think so but Neil Ferguson has been at this for 20 years, every blunder of his costing the country billions more than he previous one, the damage this man has done is incalculable and he shows no signs of stopping or anyone stopping him.
The continued use of his advice is a mystery to a lot of people.

I really have no idea why anyone would decide to NOT have a jab. Its not like we haven't all had vaccines for various other crap, & the very few of us on here who did serve will have had more jabs for various nasties than civpop gimps spouting about civil liberties & ooman rights.
Its going to be great in the next 12 months as various bodies decide that proof of vaccine is needed before anyone can use their services etc. Balls to the idiots.
Came across this one more closely at home the other day. My brothers going out with a rather tidy 40 something. She went down with Covid a few weeks back and really suffered. Was knocked for six for about 4 weeks and was close to going in to hospital a few times.

I asked her when she was having her jab and she’s said she decided to not have it because if ‘reasons she’s much rather not go into.’

I mentioned this to my wife. She out Ed out that some people wear tin foil hats. Some people are logical. Some people are pragmatic and some people are emotional.

she falls into the emotional category.

I’m obviously Concerned about the risk of blood clots but take the pragmatic logical approach of low risk.

my wife hiwever domaines that the risk of getting a blood clot from the AstraZeneca vaccine is 0.000001% and everybody is panicking. Millions of women each day are happily popping birth control pills with a 0.001% risk of blood clots.

Last edited:
Firstly no issue with having the vaccine. I have. AZ and am still here. Having grown up in Africa and seen what some of these diseases can do I actually regard it as your civic duty if you wish to be a part of mainstream society.

I also live in a country where a Residence card is essential for any and all transactions and must be carried at all times.

However, I would be absolutely opposed to a "vaccine passport" in the UK. It would be expensive, bureaucratic and hopefully swiftly irrelevant. I am imagining at this point something similar to the drivng licence that replaced the very fine paper version that I had for years and which I now have to renew every 10.

I did, get a little card when I had my first dose and this will be swapped for a certificate when I receive the second. Having to present this as a condition when travelling would not trouble me over much. Seems reasonable and in line with the yellow fever card I already have.

As an alternative to making all of 'us' who have had the jab carry a passport how about we enforce the vaccination on every man jack no excuses unless there are compelling medical reasons why not. I say this as I am fed up with the self centred fuckwits who feel that their personal liberty to not be vaccinated trumps the common good.

Had this conversation fairly forcefully with a friend of my wifes who felt that living her life her way was more important than observing any precautions or having the vaccine and advised her that until she could produce a card she could stay away from my family and me.

In summary, take the vaccine, maintain basic precautions, 'encourage others to have the vaccine', tell those who won't just beacause to get the feck away. See you on the other side.

Been stuck here since August 2019 and summer isn't looking good to get away at the moment.

I haven't had a pint of decent draft bitter since then. Its got to stop!!!!!!

If the EU demanded covid passports for travel into the EU from the UK, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the antis suddenly change tack.
Nowt like getting in the way of travel or a holiday.

All rather pointless now isn't it?
Vaccines don't work.
Neither does immunity due to infection or pre-infection from similar viruses.
Bozo has declared it.
But it is very, very important for everybody to understand that the reduction in these numbers – in hospitalisations and in deaths and infections – has not been achieved by the vaccination programme.

Lockdowns have done all the heavy lifting I'm afraid so any passport is moot as the dangerous locations you may try to go to- pubs, shops that sell non essential items like clothes or shoes etc. will shortly be OOB due to LD4.

Hopefully they'll get that in sharpish what with elections next month and those enclosed polling stations with a pencil shared by 1000s they are bound to be super spreader events just like that Jockanise football match was, the return of children schools, the anti LD Rally, the Kill the Bill riots. the..............

So, Grant Shapps has said that the NHS app is to be used as a Vaccination Passport.

Only one flaw for many of us on this site, it won't work for serving forces.

As I understand things, for serving personnel, you are registered with a Defence Medical Service Med Centre and your records are held on DMiCP.

The NHS app, even with your NHS Number, cannot reconcile you to a GP, you don't exist as DMiCP doesn't link in to the NHS.

Unless something else is worked out for serving personnel, we are stuffed, no entrance to anywhere that will want to know if you have been vaccinated or not.

Deep joy