Covid Passports - Yay or ney?

Should we have have Covid passports?

• Total voters
It's now becoming and more inevitable that despite the UK improving it's current situation that other countries are much less stable with the way they can regulate the actions of genpop as well as getting vaccinations rolled out.

India is currently undergoing mandatory lockdown (running around cuddling each other during Holi probably didn't help!) and I can probably forecast it going into the red list soon along with Brazil and Africa

France is also now feeling the fury of what happens when you don't behave and take a "novel thing like Covid" serious

It's amazing to see how people are still not taking this seriously, especially with the riots we've seen in London and Northern Ireland with the BLM, extinction rebellion and Sarah Everard fans running amok and congregating, I'm finding myself actually in support of any powers the Police can use to enforce stricter measures like a curfew.

The Conservatives have done what seems to be a good job of keeping things controlled now even though Labour are slandering them for not taking action earlier.

The focus now turns to the proposed traffic light system for holiday makers and a Vaccine passport to show you've taken the appropriate doses to ensure your safely, surely not a bad idea? I for one was planning to actually visit India for the sister in laws wedding and now this has sprung up, will we be safe? We've had our first vaccine and the next for the wife is in June.

Certainly get's a thumbs up from me

Inevitably some countries are going to require this, so if you want your foreign holibobs or business trip, having one of these as standard may help ensure the journey occurs, rather than getting the good news at the airport when you land in foreign climes that you aren't welcome.

It's no different to having a certificate for the likes of yellow fever.

Inevitably some countries are going to require this, so if you want your foreign holibobs or business trip, having one of these as standard may help ensure the journey occurs, rather than getting the good news at the airport when you land in foreign climes that you aren't welcome.
As much as totalitarian as it sound's I think making it mandatory or you can't go abroad... after having my first son I think I actually value my life even more.

These people who are out mobbing whom are unemployed (pro-Labour I'm guessing) bored/bellend dissendents and other bums who have more free time than me to actually attend protests need to maybe realise that protests can wait, the issues are going away but this is sometime that needs to be addressed right now whilst there is a solution.

No covid passport?
Simple, you are not getting on any ferry, aircraft, Eurostar or indulging in any international travel until you do get one.
It will focus the mind of any Instagram chav influencer from Hartlepool even.
Better get used to staycations then...................

So if you have the vaccinations and get some official passport as proof - could we really expect certain EU states to welcome holidaying Brits with approval?

An Italian friend in Milan was asking how our vaccinations were going and that it was haphazard in Italy - partly due to 'high rates of infection with the new 'British' strain'.
I get the feeling they're happy to treat us as lepers.

IMHO having a covid passport is no different to presenting a negative test for travel or scanning a qr code to get into a pub etc so the allegations that it is discrimatory are bollix

So here's a question: When are they proposing that this might start?

Its just that the female child is in the UK at uni at the moment with a ticket to return back here in June. We told her to go off down the local Doc's and ask if she should/could get one before travel and she informs that they told her they would give her a call. Yeah, right.

Last edited:
So here's a question: When are they proposing that this might start?

Its just that the femle child is in the UK at uni at the moment with a ticket to return back here in June. We told her to go off down the local Doc's and ask if she should/could get one before travel and she informs that they told her they would give her a call. Yeah, right.
Well it's coming to light in line with the proposed traffic light system perhaps proposing no mandatory self isolation if you have had both vaccine doses if AZ or whatever else you have been given

I'm for it.
However, being vaccinated does not prevent aysymptomatics infecting others does it?
Only bloods or fluid tests would determine 100% surely?
We've been through this with AIDS etc after all.

I'm for it.
However, being vaccinated does not prevent aysymptomatics infecting others does it?
It's a selfish thing but if the whole population has been vaccinated and it supposedly works than why should you care? Would you rather have a lottery with your own life?

Just announced...

Any "Covid passport" scheme to prove people in England are safe to attend mass-audience events would be "time-limited", the government said.
A "Covid status certification" scheme is being developed to enable concerts and sporting matches to take place.
It would record whether people had been vaccinated, recently tested negative or had natural immunity, having already had a bout of coronavirus.
The government is also trialling other ways of holding mass events safely.
Sports Minister Nigel Huddleston said the trials would be a "learning experience" and no decisions had been made about processes or vaccine certification.
Improved ventilation and testing before and after events are among the other approaches being tested for mass gatherings and indoor events, including sports matches and nightclubs.
Mr Huddleston said the PM would receive a report on all the trial events at the end of May.

It's a selfish thing but if the whole population has been vaccinated and it supposedly works than why should you care? Would you rather have a lottery with your own life?
Funny that no one raised the issue when smallpox was eradicated which makes covid a walk in the park compared to comparable death rates.

I'm generally for, but have some concerns where people have genuine (i.e. medical) reasons why they can't have the vaccine. Those who choose not to can accept they're excluding themselves deliberately.

The Biden administration has announced that the federal government will not develop or impose a vaccine passport, but instead leave it to the private sector. Probably a smart move, given the political polarization over COVID.

As much as totalitarian as it sound's I think making it mandatory or you can't go abroad... after having my first son I think I actually value my life even more.

These people who are out mobbing whom are unemployed (pro-Labour I'm guessing) bored/bellend dissendents and other bums who have more free time than me to actually attend protests need to maybe realise that protests can wait, the issues are going away but this is sometime that needs to be addressed right now whilst there is a solution.
Personally I'd like everyone in the country chipped and pinned like my cat . Anti vac protesters darted .
No chip no nothing. Apart from a free chip when caught.

I'm generally for, but have some concerns where people have genuine (i.e. medical) reasons why they can't have the vaccine.
Presumably, said unfortunates can be tested or even have had the lurgy... my (limited) understanding is that these passports ill carry a full Covid History.

Me... if I can go to the match, the cinema and the pub safe in the knowledge that everyone else there is passported - as safe as one may reasonably hope) then bring it on. It is no more onerous than carrying a real passport, signing or scanning in etc.

WightMivvi

War Hero
As someone who would rather have 10% of something as opposed to 100% of nothing, I’m all for vaccine passports.

Limiting mass or indoor events to those who have the smallest chance of catching or spreading covid strikes me as more sensible than risking superspreader events or stopping events taking place.

With the passports, we can allow more and more people to get back to working and spending whilst not increasing the risk of further spread.

Yes, it will be discriminatory against the young and reluctant and the stupid, but I’d rather keep the kids bored than keep the old imprisioned.

And, as time goes on, and the vaccination rolls out to younger and younger people, the number of people being “discriminated“ against will reduce.

It’s a tool for getting the economy back up and running quicker and safer.