Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Covid disinformation in the BAME community

I thought I'd died and woken up in purgatory......but wifey wanted stuff and then sent me back the next day for more.
The only good thing about Ikea is that they do a van hire for peanuts to take your "Dave" wardrobe home in. He needed to pick up a big 3ph welder so purchased a couple of coat hangars, got the van for a couple of hours for a tenner and grabbed the mother of all welders.

My idea of hell would be IKEA you couldn’t escape from with the Ode to Joy being played loudly on a loop.
You know those short cuts they have in IKEA so you can skip bits?
Yeah, went THE WRONG WAY THROUGH one in IKEA Belfast. Twice. So I went through the same section THREE F***ING TIMES!
Thought I was totally losing it. No smell of sulphur either.

You know those short cuts they have in IKEA so you can skip bits?
Yeah, went THE WRONG WAY THROUGH one in IKEA Belfast. Twice. So I went through the same section THREE F***ING TIMES!
Thought I was totally losing it. No smell of sulphur either.
I hope you nicked an extra pocketfull of pencils

This is contrarian politics for the sake of it. After 'Freedom Day' Khan is now going to insist the TfL enforce the wearing of masks.

One of the biggest problems in London has been the BAME community not wearing masks in public spaces.

He can bleat all he wants he can't enforce it
Mrs S works on the platform and they are routinely told to f off if they challenge anyone about masks.
He on board mates were posting pictures during the Euro's of hundreds of mask less England and Scotland fans crammed into trains.
They couldn't get down the aisles due to people standing in them they were drinking and smoking (not just tobacco) jumping on the seats and more.
Police advised one the the guards just to get the train to London.
In fairness two transport officers aren't going to take on a train load of guys.

It'll be the same on the tube

Plus you can buy an exempt lanyard for about a fiver on the net

I hope you nicked an extra pocketfull of pencils
I used to live within walking distance of an IKEA (right on the M62 J27), back in the old days it was a no brainier to stroll in for the £1 breakfast and a gallon of coffee. The restaurant would be full of truckers with 2 or 3 each, rather than spending a tenner in the service station a mile away...
I always picked up a slack handful of pencils for the kids whose “pencil broke in half last lesson”. Strangely, their noodly little arms never managed to break a 3” pencil.

I used to live within walking distance of an IKEA (right on the M62 J27), back in the old days it was a no brainier to stroll in for the £1 breakfast and a gallon of coffee. The restaurant would be full of truckers with 2 or 3 each, rather than spending a tenner in the service station a mile away...
I always picked up a slack handful of pencils for the kids whose “pencil broke in half last lesson”. Strangely, their noodly little arms never managed to break a 3” pencil.
In Dubai on a Friday morning you couldn't get into the IKEA restaurant as it was mobbed with filipinos on their day off (those type of workers only got one day off, Westerners got Friday & Saturday).

He can bleat all he wants he can't enforce it
Mrs S works on the platform and they are routinely told to f off if they challenge anyone about masks.
He on board mates were posting pictures during the Euro's of hundreds of mask less England and Scotland fans crammed into trains.
They couldn't get down the aisles due to people standing in them they were drinking and smoking (not just tobacco) jumping on the seats and more.
Police advised one the the guards just to get the train to London.
In fairness two transport officers aren't going to take on a train load of guys.

It'll be the same on the tube

Plus you can buy an exempt lanyard for about a fiver on the net
Wouldn't it be great if the train was driven straight into sidings and the 'passengers' were only released onto e.g. wormwood scrubs area after they paid a fine? or hosed down with bleach, purple dye, piss and then bleach again?

I have to say I have a soft spot for Ikea. Several years ago I visited one in very northern France (can’t remember exactly where), but it was on a day trip from Belgium.
I did the usual thing, wandered around the two miles of furniture, bounced up and down on a couple of chairs and beds, bought a towel rack or something equally useless and left. Back in my car I realised that my phone was missing from my back pocket..... I rushed back into the store and hurriedly retraced my steps, all two miles of them, but nothing.

On the way out I spied a customer service desk and thought, “what the hell, I’ve got nothing to lose” and approached the nice young people standing there.

I said, struggling with 45 year old O level French, “j’ai perdu un err,, telephone”

“Ah oui Monsieur, une mobile! Rouge, un Motorola?”

It turned out that in my enthusiastic jumping on beds and chairs, my phone had escaped my pocket, but had been picked up by an honest Frenchman. To his eternal credit he hadn’t nicked it (as sadly most people, both English and French, might have done) but had gone through my address book, avoided the tarts and ladyboys, and called my mum, who doesn’t speak a single word of French. She almost wet herself with fear thinking he was a French copper and I was currently bleeding out at a Gallic RTA, but eventually got the picture, but couldn’t, because of the language barrier give an address or anything.

Anyway, Monsieur LeDecentChap then did the only thing left to a truly honest fellow and handed the phone into the Customer Services Counter, from where I collected it. Unfortunately he didn’t leave any forwarding details so I was unable in any way to thank him.

But I’m grateful, and it somehow, in some small way, made up for the fact that I had recently been robbed in France of 300 euros, then 500 euros and then finally 7000 euros. And I wasn’t an easy target, always chaining things down in cars and coaches.

After the last and biggest theft, I went back to the same area, with a loaded rucksack, primed with something that @dingerr might recognise, waited hidden, and came within minutes of causing mayhem in a little white Clio 6023ZH59. I did however report them to the police who were next to useless, but who left the front office long enough for me to dash around the counter a get the registered address of that car.

I was at the address (in Lille) the same afternoon.

But I’ve probably been offthread long enough.

I saw much the same in a Homebase not so long back. Everyone adhering to the rules.

In walks a mixed-race couple. She, white, turns to him, black, and asks if he's going to put on a mask.

"Nah, fück it," says he, as he gangster-rolls into the place.

The attitude of 'this doesn't apply to me' permeates.
Living in a sprawling Metropolis as I do, I've noticed that some of the BAME community tend to wear masks whilst walking the streets, then take them off as they sit on public transport before putting them on again when leaving said transport!

Deliberate campaign of disinformation - I read that 'don't risk it' stories doing the rounds in BAME communities were trackable to a handful of originating social media accounts, but here are personal accounts of being approached to do promotion for recompense, but without owning up to spreading the script for cash - against social media transparency rules. Interesting and destructive.

Last edited:
Deliberate campaign of disinformation - I read that 'don't risk it' stories doing the rounds in BAME communities were trackable to a handful of originating social media accounts, but here are personal accounts of being approached to do promotion for recompense, but without owning up to spreading the script for cash - against social media transparency rules. Interesting and destructive.

A deliberate disinformation campaign not unlike the EUs very own version.

I am surprised that the BBC did not mention that.

Oh. Hang on....

Where to start with stuff like that?

Some of the questions are reasonable, governments and people the world over have reacted differently. Some of the information quoted is wrong, some of it is out of date, some of it is deliberately mis-leading and out of context, the sum is pure fantasy.

It's a re-hash of the MMR scare.

This is how Erich von Däniken sold his 'Chariots of the Gods' books for so long: a little truth with enough misinformation, designed to appeal to a certain sensibility.

A deliberate disinformation campaign not unlike the EUs very own version.

I am surprised that the BBC did not mention that.

Oh. Hang on....

They are mentioning he fact that Sajid Javid said we shouldn't cower from COVID
Deeply offensive according to victims families and the Labour Party
So we should all live in fear lest we upset people who have sadly lost someone during his time
he I blame the Government for everything Brigade
"My grandad were 'undred and ten year old and Boris murdered him when all 'e wanted to be was a truck driver and help the country out"

Backed up by the bloke who kneels for dead criminals

They are mentioning he fact that Sajid Javid said we shouldn't cower from COVID
Deeply offensive according to victims families and the Labour Party
So we should all live in fear lest we upset people who have sadly lost someone during his time
he I blame the Government for everything Brigade
"My grandad were 'undred and ten year old and Boris murdered him when all 'e wanted to be was a truck driver and help the country out"

Backed up by the bloke who kneels for dead criminals
As Guy Martin once said (and used as the title to his biography)

When yr dead yr dead.