Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Covid disinformation in the BAME community

No realtive anywhere in any care setting has attempted to do that and to repeat there isn’t a legal mechanism to constructively dismiss someone for not doing something that they have a legal choice to do or not in the way you suggest.

No one, not the NHS or any care provider is currently genuinely proposing to do what you suggest, given that current refusal rates are roughly 25% or so across the board in health and social care.

Makes the vaccine a bit pointless then, no? Quite a bit of hysteria directed at one or two on here choosing not to have it, while looking determinedly away from those working in places with a lot of exposure to the thing who also choose to swerve the jab.

My bold. Gen question.
If one observing Ramadan's rules can't take medication in daylight hours but then may end up in A and E. They would then be taking medicine during daylight hours.
Is there no dispensation for people who rely on daylight medication for their very health? :cool:
There is - the problem is getting that through some skulls (ditto those who need to eat to control blood sugar etc)

Likewise pregnant women do not have to fast and travellers* can drink water .

Gulf helicopters had an instruction that Pilots would drink during the day - and as i recall a notice about eating if they felt they should ( it may even have been a you will eat if on duty - make it up later)

For those unable to fast - travel job medical - they can make it up later at an appropriate time.

My knowlede is very superficial you now know as much as me

*That may extend further ie all manual workers who are obliged to work during the period - but im not sure

However I can’t really see a problem for some specific groups to be vaccinated at night if it’s time limited and improves uptake amongst a demographic where that’s low already.

It will lead to them always demanding their own special times for anything that they want.
I doubt many of the demographic who aren't getting the vaccine will change their mind if its offered at night.

Last edited:
It will leaf to them always demanding their own special times for anything that they want.
I doubt many of the demographic who aren't getting the vaccine will change their mind if its offered at night.
Allah will protect them from COVID-19, if they die, it's just put down to Allah’s will,

There’s very little demand for 24hr vaccine centres from the general population and they effectively cut your available staff to vaccinate during the day.

However I can’t really see a problem for some specific groups to be vaccinated at night if it’s time limited and improves uptake amongst a demographic where that’s low already.
Why would they need a specific night time jab thouigh, does not eating during the day mean that the vaccine won't be effective? They haven't open night centres for those working permanent nightshifts, have they?

It will lead to them always demanding their own special times for anything that they want.
Yes, they are unlikely to want to miss out on the sugar-rushed delights of Iftar (break-fast)

Is it a common problem in the UK?

Certainly percieved to be anecdotaly from staff - which coupled with the amount of literature targeting diabetics / people on meds for Ramadan would support that, although I will concede common is probably better phrased as common amongst the older portion of the muslim minority.

Issue here in France as well increase in emergency transmissions around Ramadan of people with existing medical conditions.

Certainly percieved to be anecdotaly from staff - which coupled with the amount of literature targeting diabetics / people on meds for Ramadan would support that, although I will concede common is probably better phrased as common amongst the older portion of the muslim minority.

Issue here in France as well increase in emergency transmissions around Ramadan of people with existing medical conditions.
Working in Dubai (the diabetes capital of the world) there was an astonishing number of hospital admissions over Ramadan. Admittedly mainly from over eating.

Working in Dubai (the diabetes capital of the world) there was an astonishing number of hospital admissions over Ramadan. Admittedly mainly from over eating.
My last place's side balcony overlooked one of the best Lebanese Restaurants (Al Safadi on SZR) in town - handy a they were a client and I got good discounts - the gluttony at Iftar was a site to behold. I'm sure they were thinking of the poor and disadvantaged but just hid it well.

Very well.

An old boss of mine was Muslim and post ramadan he bought in the Ramadan / Eid cakes -
I say cakes but they were more like sugar coated sugar with sugar decorations served on a bed of sugar

I only had one and I reckon I went fom 0- type eleventy eight diabites

An old boss of mine was Muslim and post ramadan he bought in the Ramadan / Eid cakes -
I say cakes but they were more like sugar coated sugar with sugar decorations served on a bed of sugar

I only had one and I reckon I went fom 0- type eleventy eight diabites
They do enjoy cakes, sweets and stuff in the office. However there are several reasons for the high diabetes rates. Too much intermarriage bringing it along in the DNA. Insufficient exercise, blamed on wearing a dishdash which isn't suitable for football etc. (Obviously its impossible to change into sports gear). Fast food everywhere and no diet drinks, all full fat. When they're diagnosed with diabetes they simply don't take the prescribed medicines.

Overall the general health of people in the Middle East is not the best, despite free access to excellent health care. They simply don't look after themselves.