Covid disinformation in the BAME community

Has Nicki Minaj's contribution been discussed yet?

My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied
— Nicki Minaj (@NICKIMINAJ) September 13, 2021

1631946467496.png

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the point being that people aren't really researching. They're cherry-picking that which suits their prejudices.

There's plenty of expert opinion out there. And here's a thing: the government really isn't experimenting on the BAME community or injecting everyone with 5G chips. It's trying to stop the mass of the population being infected by or spreading a potentially lethal virus.

Yebbut a guy on the internet sez...

Because if viewing videos and crappy websites online gave you qualifications then I could label myself a gynaecologis.

You not only need to look online but have the background to understand what you are looking at AND have the ability to separate reality from propaganda.

GDog

Old-Salt
Because if viewing videos and crappy websites online gave you qualifications then I could label myself a gynaecologis.

You not only need to look online but have the background to understand what you are looking at AND have the ability to separate reality from propaganda.
One of the earliest purposes of the internet was to facilitate the exchange of academic information.

Universities seem to be shifting huge parts of their course content online. The genome sequence of Covid-19 was rapidly disseminated - on the internet.

Today, you would struggle to ever become a credible authority on virology or pandemics *without* the internet. It's often the only relevant or available mechanism for knowledge transfer.

Perhaps the vaccine developers that used the sequences published online are not "sane" and should have spent their time looking for a new risotto recipe

Last edited:
But some of them aren't uneducated. I can think of two members of the black community that I know who've been university-educated but are refusing to be vaccinated.

Well educated folks here will check with a sangoma first before dropping by a chancre mechanic to deal with any ailments. Cures are attributed to the sangoma, complications from poking rancid chicken entrails up their noses are blamed on the chancre mechanic.

The belief is that modern medicine won't do the trick without sangoma input.

One of the earliest purposes of the internet was to facilitate the exchange of academic information.

Universities seem to be shifting huge parts of their course content online. The genome sequence of Covid-19 was rapidly disseminated - on the internet.

Today, you would struggle to ever become a credible authority on virology or pandemics *without* the internet. It's often the only relevant or available mechanism for knowledge transfer.

Perhaps the vaccine developers that used the sequences published online are not "sane" and should have spent their time looking for a new risotto recipe
The difference is that the vaccine developers have the relevant background to use that knowledge - Karen who works at B&M doesn’t.

And bizzarely the last search did online was for a chicken risotto recipe, just a few minutes ago! Have you hacked my iPad? :grin:

GDog

Old-Salt
The difference is that the vaccine developers have the relevant background to use that knowledge - Karen who works at B&M doesn’t.

And bizzarely the last search did online was for a chicken risotto recipe, just a few minutes ago! Have you hacked my iPad? :grin:
No I have not. It's depressing enough dealing with the computers I'm already responsible for, I can do without taking over other people's.

Also, how many bloody sites are needed to convey the instruction "fry chicken, fry rice then chuck some watery stock in the pan until it's sticky"?

(Do it in a pressure cooker BTW, it involves less arsing about and the results are consistent)

Nothing to see here. Your earth governments are just doing as they've been told. The protein vats are a strong motivator.

They're not bright enough to keep themselves clean and feeding them is a chore. Few choice cuts and the rest goes into the protein vats. Jobbed. Easier to shift large volumes that way.

Well obviously the crew have a couple of fresh ones on board as rations for the first week or two...

Robme

LE
Who gives a flying fook about any misinformation? As long as we have a government who are more interested in lining their chums pockets with dodgy PPE contacts, and spunking £34bn over a ladies pleasure machine (that has to be the reason why a Dildo was appointed in charge?), than making it mandatory to have the double jab on pain of exclusion from society.