Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Covid disinformation in the BAME community

Tanzania’s missing president is in Kenya with Covid, says opposition leader

"Magufuli has repeatedly denied that Covid-19 is spreading in the east African country and claimed without evidence that vaccines are dangerous, suggesting instead that people pray and inhale herbal-infused steam.

“We have elderly patients coming in, showing every symptom that we’ve seen around the world but we cannot test … we are not allowed to even mention Covid-19. We have to call it pneumonia,” said one doctor, who requested anonymity for fear of punishment by employers and authorities."

We send 'Aid' to some of these clowns, but all they do is buy huge comedy shoes and paint themselves white.
shutterstock_245726512-scaled-940x940.jpg

I had my jab yesterday, in the biggest marquee I’ve ever seen.

In the 45 minutes I queued I counted close to a hundred other jabbees patiently waiting for their turn in the chair.

There wasn’t a single BAME face in the entire place.

In the 45 minutes I queued I counted close to a hundred other jabbees patiently waiting for their turn in the chair.

Without asking where you are, how many would you expect?

What colour was this marquee ?

Perhaps one would expect a quantity commensurate to the amount of BAME seen on TV adverts these days?

There were no BAME at my jabbing last week but then I realised I live in West Cornwall.

I love using the word commensurate by the way.
None down here near Portsmouth but the BAME population is very low. In my area there are probably more Chinese than blacks or Indians.

Was the marquee sited in the local KKK meeting hall?

Perhaps one would expect a quantity commensurate to the amount of BAME seen on TV adverts these days?

There were no BAME at my jabbing last week but then I realised I live in West Cornwall.

I love using the word commensurate by the way.
So you would be unsurprised by few or no non-white faces. @Awol clearly expected more but wasn't seeing them.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I received my jab invitation by post about a week ago and it simply told me to log on to gov.uk, enter my secret squirrel code and choose a place, date and time. The problem was, only one location was doable being 30 miles away, the other 8 or so were everywhere from 60-80 miles away. I chose the closest and had it yesterday at 18.30hrs.

All well and good, except yesterday morning (and again this morning) I had a text from my GP asking me to choose a time to have the jab at the surgery today, one mile away from home.

Other relatives have have the same thing, invitations by post, jab centres in other counties, or texts from GPs, jab at their local surgery.

I seems apparent that there are two systems running simultaneously which in itself is no bad thing. What is a problem though is when the two systems overlap with the associated presumed wastage of vaccine.
So you would be unsurprised by few or no non-white faces. @Awol clearly expected more but wasn't seeing them.
Ten miles from Bristol, I’d have expected to see at least some.