Covid disinformation in the BAME community

And Ethiopia.

As for the 'Big Bones' excuse. Ever seen a fat skeleton?
Bone mass is around 15% of your body mass, this can be c. 1% higher in obese people. Being obese can actually reduce bone density (through lack of exercise), whereas exercise can increase it.
I do enjoy it when chubsters tell me how lucky I am to be “naturally slim“, because I can then give them the ‘Energy density’ lecture…
(eg: half a Big Mac contains the energy for 10 000 steps, and 1 M&M will get you up a flight of stairs)

I do enjoy it when chubsters tell me how lucky I am to be “naturally slim“, because I can then give them the ‘Energy density’ lecture…
(eg: half a Big Mac contains the energy for 10 000 steps, and 1 M&M will get you up a flight of stairs)
I prefer conservation of mass. If mass in > mass out, you get fatter. Everything else is excuses.

Always amusing to hear the "Oh, I hardly eat anything" and it's true, their 3 meals are small and healthy. The issue being the endless snacks, biscuits and sugary coffee drinks through the rest of the day.

Have you told dinger?

. . . Always amusing to hear the "Oh, I hardly eat anything" and it's true, their 3 meals are small and healthy. The issue being the endless snacks, biscuits and sugary coffee drinks through the rest of the day.

Have you been hiding in my fridge again?

I thought the injunction was quite specific about that?!

I prefer conservation of mass. If mass in > mass out, you get fatter. Everything else is excuses.

Always amusing to hear the "Oh, I hardly eat anything" and it's true, their 3 meals are small and healthy. The issue being the endless snacks, biscuits and sugary coffee drinks through the rest of the day.
(Shocked face emoji) away with your facts and common sense, it ‘runs in their family’ doncha know, this is why my siblings are Lardy clones of me, yet I was a racing snake on 5000 calories and a gallon of Guinness a day.
Genes, innit.
Thread/
So far, I’ve managed to avoid Covid, probably due to my formative years being spent living in holes in the ground eating cold shït without washing my hands…

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
(Shocked face emoji) away with your facts and common sense, it ‘runs in their family’ doncha know, this is why my siblings are Lardy clones of me, yet I was a racing snake on 5000 calories and a gallon of Guinness a day.
Genes, innit.
Thread/
So far, I’ve managed to avoid Covid, probably due to my formative years being spent living in holes in the ground eating cold shït without washing my hands…

Ex BiL worked in the chill section of a supermarket warehouse, spent most of the day on his feet walking and working in temperatures just above zero. Always fairly slim.

Got promoted, into a warm office, on backside most of the day.
Didn't change diet, became a barrage balloon within a year.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Which, in my case provokes the response "I'm watching your figure as well. I don't want to be dragged into your gravity well". I may have had it pointed out that I was being rude to a particularly annoying twat. More than once.
"Are you really so fair-skinned, or is it that light bends towards you?"

Worth it for the dim fücks who think that you're paying them a compliment.

I apologise if this has been asked already, but I can't be arrsed trawling through 50+ pages to find out...

Does anyone have reliable figures for those in hospital over the past couple of months who haven't been vaccinated, single and double dose? And how many have died over the past couple of months who haven't been vaccinated?

Given that everyone over the age of 18 in the UK have been offered the jab, it'd be an interesting thing to find the answer to.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I apologise if this has been asked already, but I can't be arrsed trawling through 50+ pages to find out...

Does anyone have reliable figures for those in hospital over the past couple of months who haven't been vaccinated, single and double dose? And how many have died over the past couple of months who haven't been vaccinated?

Given that everyone over the age of 18 in the UK have been offered the jab, it'd be an interesting thing to find the answer to.

A great deal of information, well presented, with the statement that: "97.7% of the adult population now have antibodies to COVID-19 from either infection or vaccination" being probably one of the most significant numbers.
Table 6 comes closest to answering your question, I think.
Thanks.

But cripes, I only wanted a synopsis, not the whole chapter and verse! ;)

Spoke to a friend in Billings, Montana this morning. The anti vax brigade have ensured that the hospitals are full to overflowing with covid cases, 150% full. Situation is so bad that the National Guard has been called in.

Table 6 comes closest to answering your question, I think.
I've taken time this morning to try to take all that on board, doing it in bite-size chunks, and yep, that table does indeed.

It is quite clear that the vast majority of those under-50 in hospital have previously refused the vaccine. It's the selfish, uneducated, wilfully misinformed and ignorant who we can point the finger at when the next lockdown comes.

Last edited:
Thanks again to @Fang_Farrier for the link, a whole load of data, for which I don't wish to appear ungrateful.

I've taken time this morning to try to take all that on board, doing it in bite-size chunks, and yep, that table does indeed.

It is quite clear that the vast majority of those under-50 in hospital have previously refused the vaccine. It's the selfish, uneducated, wilfully misinformed and ignorant who we can point the finger at when the next lockdown comes.
Remainers?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

But some of them aren't uneducated. I can think of two members of the black community that I know who've been university-educated but are refusing to be vaccinated.

Latest Threads