Covid disinformation in the BAME community

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That’s your unconscious bias and the patriarchal society kicking in. Or something.

Middle Miss F keeps going on about smashing the patriarchy.

I have to remind her that her line manager is female, the executive director of her is female, her chief executive is female, as is chair of the board.

Her MP and MSP are both female, as is the First Minister.

Where's the patriarchy she's personally enduring?

I have to remind her that her line manager is female, the executive director of her is female, her chief executive is female, as is chair of the board.

One of the companies I worked for, a global PR agency, regularly went on about various feminist causes, the need to ensure gender diversity by encourage women in the workplace, special events like this day, that week etc. etc.

Over 70% of the workforce was female.
Over 70% of the management was female.
The CEO was female.

I was very very tempted to ask the obvious questions about under-representation, but I needed my job.

Chef

LE

One of the companies I worked for, a global PR agency, regularly went on about various feminist causes, the need to ensure gender diversity by encourage women in the workplace, special events like this day, that week etc. etc.

The CEO was female.

I was very very tempted to ask the obvious questions about under-representation, but I needed my job.
It just is and your refusal to own it (Thanks Meghan) underlines how deep the patriarchy runs and how entrenched your unconscious bias is!

(*Cough* and patronising question about to come...)
You're not a moralising, evil Dad who fails to hand over the cash on demand, are you? That's so unfair.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
(*Cough* and patronising question about to come...)
You're not a moralising, evil Dad who fails to hand over the cash on demand, are you? That's so unfair.

I do not moralise.

I do not moralise.
You should. In the meantime, hand over the demanded dosh. And admit your patriarchal guilt.

(Thank F I have a son; one who I can bully with the threat of cash withheld. The sod's bigger than me, so it doesn't always work, though)..

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

The CEO was female.

I'm rather bored of the PR companies I know which boast about being all-female. Imagine boasting about being all-male.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Demonstrates how good their PR is.

On a very limited scale.
The problem - and it is a problem - is they all become cookie-cutter.

Another thing that I really take issue with is that they make a proud boast of being all-female organisations.

Imagine trying to boast of being all-male.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
But then there's another reversal.

I don't need someone to be 'Body Confident'.

I generally want people to keep their clothes on.

And whether clothed or not, some people need to eat more salad.

Eating more salad will do nothing if they don't reduce other calorific intake.
Theyll still be robustly built or excessively fleshed.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Eating more salad will do nothing if they don't reduce other calorific intake.
Theyll still be robustly built or excessively fleshed.

It's the bap and burger around the salad that's the issue

Chef

LE
That explains all of the fat feckers in (frinstance) Belsen.
oh, wait…
And Ethiopia.

As for the 'Big Bones' excuse. Ever seen a fat skeleton?