Covid disinformation in the BAME community

Truxx

LE
Deliberate campaign of disinformation - I read that 'don't risk it' stories doing the rounds in BAME communities were trackable to a handful of originating social media accounts, but here are personal accounts of being approached to do promotion for recompense, but without owning up to spreading the script for cash - against social media transparency rules. Interesting and destructive.

A deliberate disinformation campaign not unlike the EUs very own version.

I am surprised that the BBC did not mention that.

Oh. Hang on....

Where to start with stuff like that?

Some of the questions are reasonable, governments and people the world over have reacted differently. Some of the information quoted is wrong, some of it is out of date, some of it is deliberately mis-leading and out of context, the sum is pure fantasy.

It's a re-hash of the MMR scare.

This is how Erich von Däniken sold his 'Chariots of the Gods' books for so long: a little truth with enough misinformation, designed to appeal to a certain sensibility.

syrup

LE
A deliberate disinformation campaign not unlike the EUs very own version.

I am surprised that the BBC did not mention that.

Oh. Hang on....

They are mentioning he fact that Sajid Javid said we shouldn't cower from COVID
Deeply offensive according to victims families and the Labour Party
So we should all live in fear lest we upset people who have sadly lost someone during his time
he I blame the Government for everything Brigade
"My grandad were 'undred and ten year old and Boris murdered him when all 'e wanted to be was a truck driver and help the country out"

Backed up by the bloke who kneels for dead criminals

Truxx

LE
They are mentioning he fact that Sajid Javid said we shouldn't cower from COVID
Deeply offensive according to victims families and the Labour Party
So we should all live in fear lest we upset people who have sadly lost someone during his time
he I blame the Government for everything Brigade
"My grandad were 'undred and ten year old and Boris murdered him when all 'e wanted to be was a truck driver and help the country out"

Backed up by the bloke who kneels for dead criminals
As Guy Martin once said (and used as the title to his biography)

When yr dead yr dead.

GDog

Old-Salt
JRM does make a good point.

We need people like celebrities, communities leaders etc to get out and make the case the the vaccines are safe.
Nothing screams contempt more than "get some celebs to promote it then everyone will think it's great".

You might as well get Rolf Harris back on TV to warn us about cake. Again. I guess this time around it would be part of a PHE obesity campaign.

Nothing screams contempt more than "get some celebs to promote it then everyone will think it's great".

You might as well get Rolf Harris back on TV to warn us about cake. Again. I guess this time around it would be part of a PHE obesity campaign.
Thanks, trigger.

In my recent pre freedom Day experience the BAME 'ain't werin no mask fool innit ' thing is vastly disproportionate to their % of society.
Like prison .
And stabbing.
And drugs . If only there was a phrase to describe this sort of thing.

GDog

Old-Salt
In my recent pre freedom Day experience the BAME 'ain't werin no mask fool innit ' thing is vastly disproportionate to their % of society.
Like prison .
And stabbing.
And drugs . If only there was a phrase to describe this sort of thing.
And all the Tory MPs that turned up to pontificate about the shitshow in Afghanistan.

I'm sure that the very word (acronym) 'BAME' is now a HateWord, which should never be used by those thinking correct thoughts. I could never see it without thinking of fish and bammie cakes, sold as street food in Kingston Jamaica. I apologise, and shall pay reparations.

I think we're back to 'the POCs', which was last used four or five years ago, but there are difficulties with it.

I'm sure that the very word (acronym) 'BAME' is now a HateWord, which should never be used by those thinking correct thoughts. I could never see it without thinking of fish and bammie cakes, sold as street food in Kingston Jamaica. I apologise, and shall pay reparations.

I think we're back to 'the POCs', which was last used four or five years ago, but there are difficulties with it.

I always use the IC codes. Not so long ago I had a assignment to write on the US civil liberties battle. The guidance notes included a stringent warning not to use racist language and old terminology which was out of date.

Two can play at that game! Thinks I. I can prove I'm more woke than the course material writers. I cited this news story, and a few others to show how BAME is now a racist term, so not wanting to inadvertently insult anyone I'd stick with the IC codes. I managed to do the entire assignment without using the words 'black' or 'white' once.

Lecturer actually praised me for that, and I didn't lose any marks :D

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I always use the IC codes. Not so long ago I had a assignment to write on the US civil liberties battle. The guidance notes included a stringent warning not to use racist language and old terminology which was out of date.

Two can play at that game! Thinks I. I can prove I'm more woke than the course material writers. I cited this news story, and a few others to show how BAME is now a racist term, so not wanting to inadvertently insult anyone I'd stick with the IC codes. I managed to do the entire assignment without using the words 'black' or 'white' once.

Lecturer actually praised me for that, and I didn't loose any marks :D
More seriously, top effort! :-D

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you seen my raw proofs? That's nothing! Hold my Beer, etc etc etc

It has shown me the way forward, IC codes all the way. You can't be gigged for those, and no one has ever claimed they're racist.
Not the raw proofs, but... ;-)

IC codes: just wait for someone to point out that it's 'racist' that white people are '1' and '2' black people are '3'. It'll happen.

...Asians are '4' but Asians don't really seem to matter to black activists. I often wonder why that is. (See BAME becoming BME, etc.)

Latest Threads