Covid disinformation in the BAME community

I'm a bit worried for @earth.

He'd normally be on here, like a cockerel on a dung heap, crowing about what a magnificent, world-beating job India is doing seeing off Covid.

I hope he's alright.

He'll be either taking a shit in the street and/or raping someone.

Well let's see,
in France and the UK and most of the west ,white on black slavery has been non existent for hundreds of years and is overly discussed, and headlined in the media.
However,
Islamic terrorism and murder is becoming increasingly common and is unlikely to get better before it gets worse ,and is deliberately suppressed my the MSM . Apart from that it's exactly the same .
Basically the difference between "then" and "now".

Mr or Mrs wasp in Paris or London is far more likely to get stabbed up by Ahmed ,than poor Leroy is to be chained up and made to serve McDonalds for nothing by dem nasty ol' crackas .

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Some interesting analysis here especially as they break BAME down into different communities.

For instance, in the over 80s Caribbean actually outperform white.

The vaccine uptake varies across the different communities and age ranges.
460.jpg

Some interesting analysis here especially as they break BAME down into different communities.

View attachment 569385
Taking those stats, it seems we are being led by the nose ring into the racist argument, when in fact none of that is true.

View attachment 569385

It might be a statistical anomaly if there arent many black people over the age of 80 in Scotland.

Taking those stats, it seems we are being led by the nose ring into the racist argument, when in fact none of that is true.

Well it is all whiteys fault as the article says

Ms McCrum, who chairs the African Women in Scotland Association, told BBC Scotland that a "lack of information and direct engagement" with the community from NHS Scotland was also contributing to the problem.
"Other communities had either centres or places to get information - or they had outreach," she said.
"Africans don't have that kind of infrastructure and therefore they are left the matter of finding out for themselves from social media - and I think you'll be aware of the confusion that there's been there about Covid and vaccines."

Ms McCrum said many Africans in Scotland were scared to take the vaccine because the application of medicine had "not always been equitable" in their countries of origin.

Well it is all whiteys fault as the article says

[snip]
Ms McCrum said many Africans in Scotland were scared to take the vaccine because the application of medicine had "not always been equitable" in their countries of origin.
You can take the person out of Africa, but you can’t take the Africa out of the person?

I‘m afraid I have no sympathy for those with the mindset Ms McCrum is highlighting. They are not in their country of origin; they have assessed their country of origin and the UK and decided the UK is preferable. And now they are here, their reaction in this country is based on an assessment of how their country of origin would act.

If you feel the UK will treat you the same way your country of origin would treat you, why are you here in the first place?

Whilst there is a responsibility on us to help those in need and to welcome incomers, surely there is also a responsibility on them to leave their old mistrust of society and state behind.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
You can take the person out of Africa, but you can’t take the Africa out of the person?

I‘m afraid I have no sympathy for those with the mindset Ms McCrum is highlighting. They are not in their country of origin; they have assessed their country of origin and the UK and decided the UK is preferable. And now they are here, their reaction in this country is based on an assessment of how their country of origin would act.

If you feel the UK will treat you the same way your country of origin would treat you, why are you here in the first place?

Whilst there is a responsibility on us to help those in need and to welcome incomers, surely there is also a responsibility on them to leave their old mistrust of society and state behind.
Which boils down to, “We do things differently here. Accept that, embrace it, and don’t bring the negative parts of your own culture with you.”

...a billion Woke souls just screamed in anguish, didn’t they?

I'd be interested if anyone could point me in the direction of some specific examples of this. Tuskegee is not in Africa by the way and Africans don't come from America just to be clear.

It might be a statistical anomaly if there arent many black people over the age of 80 in Scotland.
According to the 2011 census, there were less than 30,000 Africans of all age groups in Scotland. That's 0.56% of the population.
That, no doubt, has increased slightly in the last 10 years, but I am inclined to believe that you are correct that there are too few for a proper conclusion to be drawn from the statistics.

According to the 2011 census, there were less than 30,000 Africans of all age groups in Scotland. That's 0.56% of the population.
That, no doubt, has increased slightly in the last 10 years, but I am inclined to believe that you are correct that there are too few for a proper conclusion to be drawn from the statistics.

Even less in 2001 for Afro carribean.

1619775077434.png

5 million population x.06% (Caribbean .04 % plus Other black .02) is 3000. Of those they would have to be older than 60 then and still alive now to be part of the graph in post 886.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'd be interested if anyone could point me in the direction of some specific examples of this. Tuskegee is not in Africa by the way and Africans don't come from America just to be clear.

There is reference in the article to a previous drug trial ( think it was vaccine) that compensation was paid for.

Edit. Pop Pfizer kano trial into Google to get numerous links

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
From the Daily Telegraph:

Coronavirus latest news: Indian variant risks pushing Britain into third wave, Sage scientist warns​

The Indian variant risks pushing Britain into a third wave of coronavirus, a Sage scientist has claimed, despite Boris Johnson’s "increasing confidence" that the lifting of lockdown is on track.

Prof Andrew Hayward, who researches infectious diseases at University College London, said he was "very concerned" about the Indian variant due to its higher transmissibility.

Asked on BBC Breakfast whether the country was at the start of the third wave, he said "I think so" and called for travel to be "minimised full-stop".

"I think what we can see is that this strain can circulate very effectively, although it was originally imported through travel to India, it's spread fairly effectively first of all within households and now more broadly within communities, so I don't really see why it wouldn't continue to spread in other parts of the country," he said.

"Obviously we're doing everything we can to contain the spread, but it's likely that more generalised measures may start to be needed to control it."

Prof Hayward's warning comes after the Prime Minister stressed there was no reason to deviate from England’s roadmap out of lockdown. A final decision on whether the June 21 proposed end date of restrictions will go ahead will be made on June 14.

But Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, England’s deputy chief medical officer, has said hospitalisations are very low and the strain is thought to be less transmissable than initially feared.

I wonder at what's being done to address this within certain communities. Reference is made on the BBC thread to it being wedding/dowry season.

Frankly, if that be the case then it should have been gripped.