Covid disinformation in the BAME community

I think the hesitancy amongst the predominately black community is down to simple semantics. The Astra Zenica vaccine may cause blood clots. It does not turn you into a bloodclaat.

Blimey, I just went back about 45 years with that! And, gawd knows the spelling, bombaclaat! :)

Blimey, I just went back about 45 years with that! And, gawd knows the spelling, bombaclaat! :)
It was an oft-heard muttering in our hideously white privileged, ethnically under-represented section of one black WO, a black sergeant, three black SACs and a black SACW. God the '80s were just so... white and racist!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It was an oft-heard muttering in our hideously white privileged, ethnically under-represented section of one black WO, a black sergeant, three black SACs and a black SACW. God the '80s were just so... white and racist!
Were they part of the Queen's Colour Sqn?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
And from that link:

An executive summary of the outbreak published on 12 April at 15:00 BST and marked "Official Sensitive" said the individual did self-isolate and requested a home test after showing symptoms.
It is thought the virus was spread from that individual to members of their household and then to a care home in Lambeth.
Twenty-three cases of the South African variant were detected in the care home - 13 staff and 10 residents.

...so well done to all those still arguing over legal niceties.

And here we have one of the reasons why those people will not have the vaccine, nothing to do with racism, pure stupidity and expecting religion to sort it out...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
And here we have one of the reasons why those people will not have the vaccine, nothing to do with racism, pure stupidity and expecting religion to sort it out...

The landlady of my local was sweeping up and tidying as I went for a walk yesterday. She put it another way: stupid, backward people who believe in witchcraft.

No doubt she's racist.

Without the picture I would have assumed . Always assume.

The very excellent Kemi Badenoch, the equalities minister, getting stuck into Labour and institutional racism! You go girl!

Latest Threads