Covid disinformation in the BAME community

It will lead to them always demanding their own special times for anything that they want.
I doubt many of the demographic who aren't getting the vaccine will change their mind if its offered at night.
Yes, they are unlikely to want to miss out on the sugar-rushed delights of Iftar (break-fast)

Is it a common problem in the UK?

Certainly percieved to be anecdotaly from staff - which coupled with the amount of literature targeting diabetics / people on meds for Ramadan would support that, although I will concede common is probably better phrased as common amongst the older portion of the muslim minority.

Issue here in France as well increase in emergency transmissions around Ramadan of people with existing medical conditions.

Certainly percieved to be anecdotaly from staff - which coupled with the amount of literature targeting diabetics / people on meds for Ramadan would support that, although I will concede common is probably better phrased as common amongst the older portion of the muslim minority.

Issue here in France as well increase in emergency transmissions around Ramadan of people with existing medical conditions.
Working in Dubai (the diabetes capital of the world) there was an astonishing number of hospital admissions over Ramadan. Admittedly mainly from over eating.

Working in Dubai (the diabetes capital of the world) there was an astonishing number of hospital admissions over Ramadan. Admittedly mainly from over eating.
My last place's side balcony overlooked one of the best Lebanese Restaurants (Al Safadi on SZR) in town - handy a they were a client and I got good discounts - the gluttony at Iftar was a site to behold. I'm sure they were thinking of the poor and disadvantaged but just hid it well.

Very well.

An old boss of mine was Muslim and post ramadan he bought in the Ramadan / Eid cakes -
I say cakes but they were more like sugar coated sugar with sugar decorations served on a bed of sugar

I only had one and I reckon I went fom 0- type eleventy eight diabites

An old boss of mine was Muslim and post ramadan he bought in the Ramadan / Eid cakes -
I say cakes but they were more like sugar coated sugar with sugar decorations served on a bed of sugar

I only had one and I reckon I went fom 0- type eleventy eight diabites
They do enjoy cakes, sweets and stuff in the office. However there are several reasons for the high diabetes rates. Too much intermarriage bringing it along in the DNA. Insufficient exercise, blamed on wearing a dishdash which isn't suitable for football etc. (Obviously its impossible to change into sports gear). Fast food everywhere and no diet drinks, all full fat. When they're diagnosed with diabetes they simply don't take the prescribed medicines.

Overall the general health of people in the Middle East is not the best, despite free access to excellent health care. They simply don't look after themselves.

Equalities Minister Kemi Badenoch rubbishes Diane Abbott blaming pandemic disparities on 'race and ethnicity' issues, telling her "I do wish you would have read my report."

How do you know when Diane Abbott is saying something stupid?

*See pic...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why would they need a specific night time jab thouigh, does not eating during the day mean that the vaccine won't be effective? They haven't open night centres for those working permanent nightshifts, have they?

We have had varied opening times including to accommodate those on permanent nights.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Worked with different surgeons in Orkney, slight issue there if as in 2011, Ramadan is during summer and daylight is 19 hours or so.

One merely observed fasting as during the time it was day at Mecca.

The other survived on drinks of sugared water.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was vaccinating in a small care home today, mostly 2nd doses.
Approximately 24 residents. 1 refusal.
26 staff given 2nd doses, 14 refusals.

We had been told no 1st dose to staff as we would not be back to deliver 2nd doses.
However we had 4 spare doses and they had 4 new staff who had not had 1st dose, so gave them.

Slime

LE
With regards to disinformation in the BAME community.
When I had my jab the doses were given in rooms with normally three people getting a jab at the same time, then having to wait in the room for 15 minutes. Once the time limit was reached all three could leave.

When it was my turn there were four people, this included an Indian couple in their 60s. There was the husband there to translate the instructions to his wife who spoke no English at all.

It was fairly boring waiting the 15 minutes, so as the Indian couple spoke to each other in a non English language I imagined him saying to her ‘Sorry dear, but you have grown too old and I’m in need of a younger model. I’m having you put down, but not to worry, the injection will be painless and quick..........You know it makes sense’.

Was vaccinating in a small care home today, mostly 2nd doses.
Approximately 24 residents. 1 refusal.
26 staff given 2nd doses, 14 refusals.

We had been told no 1st dose to staff as we would not be back to deliver 2nd doses.
However we had 4 spare doses and they had 4 new staff who had not had 1st dose, so gave them.
Do they have to give a reason for refusals?.

They do enjoy cakes, sweets and stuff in the office. However there are several reasons for the high diabetes rates. Too much intermarriage bringing it along in the DNA. Insufficient exercise, blamed on wearing a dishdash which isn't suitable for football etc. (Obviously its impossible to change into sports gear). Fast food everywhere and no diet drinks, all full fat. When they're diagnosed with diabetes they simply don't take the prescribed medicines.

Overall the general health of people in the Middle East is not the best, despite free access to excellent health care. They simply don't look after themselves.
I don't remember seeing any fat bedu or jebalis in southern Oman '75 - '77. Town dwellers (and northerners) were a different kettle of fish.

Ex_crab

Old-Salt
I have a neighbour who is an ICU nurse in a renal unit. She has just had her second jab and she has told me that several of the younger, none BAME, female nurses have declined. It seems that they are concerned about long term fertility and future pregnancy problems. No formal reasons were asked for.

Latest Threads