Covid disinformation in the BAME community

It's a little like global warming, though, isn't it?

... "Let's not do anything about global warming until we're absolutely sure it exists" versus "It might be a good idea to go a little more carefully just in case it does exist".

By the time you've proven it, one way or another, it may be a moot point because the damage has already been done. The point is that people should be getting vaccinated.
Interesting that you used global warming - pretty much sums it up - normal people suck it up through trying to change their behaviour for the good of society, paying through the nose for the pleasure, and subjected to vexatious taxation to fund 'solutions' - while those that are actually causing the current issues are left well alone

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting that you used global warming - pretty much sums it up - normal people suck it up through trying to change their behaviour for the good of society, paying through the nose for the pleasure, and subjected to vexatious taxation to fund 'solutions' - while those that are actually causing the current issues are left well alone
It wasn't an accident. :)

No necessarily BAME but there are a lot of people not wanting a covid passport to become law.

No necessarily BAME but there are a lot of people not wanting a covid passport to become law.

43iv8l.jpg

Just get the f'kin vaccination.

Hairy-boab

Clanker
I notice that left wing newspapers started referring to the US as the "largest historic emitters of CO2". Conveniently avoids having to deal with India, China etc!

I notice that left wing newspapers started referring to the US as the "largest historic emitters of CO2". Conveniently avoids having to deal with India, China etc!
I thought the largest historic emitter of CO2 was The Planet?

We’ve reduced the risk as far as reasonably and practically possible whilst remaining within legislation. That’s as much as we can possibly (and are legally required to) do.

As I said above, you’d also have to prove to a reasonable standard that it was the unvaccinated employee who passed it on. Given that vaccines aren’t 100% effective that wouldn’t be even nearly possible.
As both an employer and provider of care services, you have a duty of care to both employees and patients. Would it not be reasonable to say that knowingly choosing to place an unvaccinated employee in contact with vulnerable patients, some of whom are then infected from unknown sources, is a failure of your duty of care for patients as you have failed to minimise risk to them?

Such a case might be heard as a tort, based on your negligence as a manager, where the required 'proof' may be rather less than you hoped for. In other words, while you might not be allowed to insist on employees being vaccinated you still have a duty of care to the patients. If your employee lied to you about being vaccinated but you could show that you had good grounds to believe tht they were telling the truth then you might be off the negligence 'hook' but if they said they weren't vaccinated and you still rostered them in to contact with vulnerable patients, then you would be very responsible indeed. That could end up with all your staff being unusable for their contracted functions, which would be an interesting position to be in as a manager.

Firstly you have to prove it.

Second the vaccine merely reduces severity of infection.

I was part of a team that vaccinated a care home in mid January. First doses.
By mid February they were reporting 12 cases (8residents, 4 staff)
See the bold text.

I am not at all sure that absolute proof is necessary. Where the employer fails to minimise the risk to patients then they will likely have problems with the tort of negligence -- with no notice being taken of the difficulties then found in filling the work rota.

Hmmm, such a 'passport' style procedure could lead to lots of difficulties for several million people who were previously below the radar, and also to a governmant which prefers to look the other way. Hence there will be no passport system in general use, only (maybe) for specific small areas of employment with medically vulnerable patients and so on.

Hmmm, such a 'passport' style procedure could lead to lots of difficulties for several million people who were previously below the radar, and also to a governmant which prefers to look the other way. Hence there will be no passport system in general use, only (maybe) for specific small areas of employment with medically vulnerable patients and so on.
I suspect several countries that rely on tourism might insist on them or something similar.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a little like global warming, though, isn't it?

... "Let's not do anything about global warming until we're absolutely sure it exists" versus "It might be a good idea to go a little more carefully just in case it does exist".

By the time you've proven it, one way or another, it may be a moot point because the damage has already been done. The point is that people should be getting vaccinated.

The content of your last sentence seems to have been used for "power shouting" political purposes. It also does not help that in other countries relatively important people have derided some vaccines because of their origin. Unfortunately a lot of people around the world are now losing out because they are not being injected with a Covid vaccine.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Vaccination uptake will increase now that Aunt Betty has told them that to do otherwise is 'selfish'.

:)

Part of the problem is that HM The Queen is not regarded as a "leader" by many of those in this country who do not identify as British.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The content of your last sentence seems to have been used for "power shouting" political purposes. It also does not help that in other countries relatively important people have derided some vaccines because of their origin. Unfortunately a lot of people around the world are now losing out because they are not being injected with a Covid vaccine.
I'm sorry, I don't understand - 'power shouting'?

Latest Threads