Covid disinformation in the BAME community

Truxx

LE
If their position is redundant because they can't work with the vulnerable, what other options do the care homes have?
Also a couple of points about industrial tribunals. First, they often find in favour of the employer (see the opinion quoted above) Second, a tribunal cannot force reinstatement. It can only award compensation (generally not telephone numbers). So the individual might "win" but is still dismissed.

Or get a job elsewhere unblocking toilets and all the other essential plumbing that will still need doing regardless of the economy.

Absolutely agree there.

Just remember to be available 24/7/365, substantially undercut the franchises, guarantee your work and give refunds when required.

Much easier than having a silly old vaccination.

Absolutely agree there.

Just remember to be available 24/7/365, substantially undercut the franchises, guarantee your work and give refunds when required.

Much easier than having a silly old vaccination.

Lots of freelances out there, if you think companies or individuals give a **** about covid when one plumber is a fiver cheaper than another, you are having a laugh.

But well done on possibly forcing a small amount of zero hour workers in a single sector who didn't want the vaccine to take it. That will change things.

Lots of freelances out there, if you think companies or individuals give a **** about covid when one plumber is a fiver cheaper than another, you are having a laugh.

But well done on possibly forcing a small amount of zero hour workers in a single sector who didn't want the vaccine to take it. That will change things.

Not forcing anybody mate.

I'm agreeing with you.

Barchester also has one of the lowest rates of Covid-19 related deaths across the industry and lowest sample void rate, and also test staff on weekends (which very few ASC facilities bother to do, as it requires the presence of 'management' to enter information on the DHSC portal).
We (not Barchester) test staff and patients twice a week currently, one set of results come in late Friday, early Saturday.

I’m sure you have more experience of this than I do, but I’m not so sure. I agree that it is highly unlikely that any UK Government is going to pass a law making vaccinations compulsory, but I think it a whole lot less certain that they won’t pass a law allowing a lack of a vaccination to be an allowable exception under unfair dismissal law in certain circumstances.
They’ve made it very clear that they aren’t going to do so, and it would be retrospect to be legislation if they did, which is never a good thing.

Also a couple of points about industrial tribunals. First, they often find in favour of the employer (see the opinion quoted above) Second, a tribunal cannot force reinstatement. It can only award compensation (generally not telephone numbers). So the individual might "win" but is still dismissed.
Not if the employer has clearly broken the law. As I say, some extremely expensive legal professionals have looked into this for us. As the law currently stands anything other than a possible vaccine requirement for new hires (which even then is potentially discriminatory , hence everyone waiting to see what happens if Barchester actually go through with it) is a definite no for us currently.

anglo

LE
It doesn't matter if the tradesman that works in my house as had the vaccine jab or not
either way one of them could still carry the virus, and thus infect me,
As long as I've had both my vaccine jabs, if I catch the virus it won't kill me {one hopes}
I could just as well catch the virus whilst out shopping as from a visiting tradesman,
I don't see what the problem is, {Except for care homes hospitals etc where close contact is involved}

Last edited:
I wonder.

In the security industry if a guard fouls up and pisses off a client they're removed from site. They're still employed but they're not allowed back on the clients contract. Bad guards usually get pulled from a great many sites until they get stuck on the worst ******* site you can imagine, where they don't need to interact with the client.

So in this case, what happens if the clients start demanding Vaccinations? If you were looking for a care home right now I'm pretty sure several of the questions would be about vaccinations. I know mine would be. A fully vaccinated site would be more attractive to spend my cash in than one that is not.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210219_122423.jpg

vaccinating in a care home today.
It had first case discovered in staff 4th Jan.
By time outbreak was over, 12 residents had lost their lives. (According to manager, 3 definitely of covid symptoms, rest were just frail and had poor life expectancy anyway)
On 18th January all negative staff were vaccinated by Health Protection Scotland.
We were in today to vaccinate those who had been positive. 35 staff were due, 9 did not show.
Also there was at least one staff member on duty who had declined before we arrived so not booked in.

We can’t legally make their position redundant because they won’t have a jab. That’s the whole point.

The position remains. They're not able to fill it due to risks to patients.

Can't work with vulnerable patients. Nothing for it but a sideways move into something that may not be required in future.

I suppose dealing with being sued for negligence is OK then.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There are plenty of well tested methods of easing out uncooperative staff , just go slowly and no daft e mail trace

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It doesn't matter if the tradesman that works in my house as had the vaccine jab or not
either way one of them could still carry the virus, and thus infect me,
As long as I've had both my vaccine jabs, if I catch the virus it won't kill me {one hopes}
I could just as well catch the virus whilst out shopping as from a visiting tradesman,
I don't see what the problem is, {Except for care homes hospitals etc where close contact is involved}
Read some fo the above posts. You are less infectious if you've had the jab. That's as valid a part of breaking the infection chain as being vaccinated yourself.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Read some fo the above posts. You are less infectious if you've had the jab. That's as valid a part of breaking the infection chain as being vaccinated yourself.

I think you will find that not everyone agrees on this one. Certainly with the Pfizer there was some indication of resistance to Covid for those aged less than 65 but trials are still going on with all vaccines because although they will all reduce the serious illness aspect there is as yet still no agreement whether having had the injection protects other than the person who had the injection.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you will find that not everyone agrees on this one. Certainly with the Pfizer there was some indication of resistance to Covid for those aged less than 65 but trials are still going on with all vaccines because although they will all reduce the serious illness aspect there is as yet still no agreement whether having had the injection protects other than the person who had the injection.
It's a little like global warming, though, isn't it?

... "Let's not do anything about global warming until we're absolutely sure it exists" versus "It might be a good idea to go a little more carefully just in case it does exist".

By the time you've proven it, one way or another, it may be a moot point because the damage has already been done. The point is that people should be getting vaccinated.

Latest Threads