COVID-19 mobilisation

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
I'm pretty sure I could remember how to power up a Ptarmigan Switch if they gave me some prompts.

I'd need a sprog to maintain the batteries though, my soft, office worker hands aren't going near any acid....

Now - where do you want me??

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Still waiting to be re called to the colours.

As an ex L/Cpl I feel I have a lot to offer these youngsters, its not all about work but how long you can have a naafi break for, a decent time for a tab & not forgetting a beer after work down the junior ranks club whilst eyeing up the totty and battalion bikes.

I could be Morale NCO.

philc

LE
Can’t wait for my recall, do we still have SeaCat?

I do know an ex crab fat blanket stacker drooling at the possibility, god help us.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think we need a thread on this as it's a very fast moving situation out there and to the best of my knowledge nobody has actually been called up yet. However, I do know that certain units have been putting out the feelers to see who would be available at short notice if they need to mobilise people. Could a compulsory call-up be in the offing for certain units?
I wonder how many will suddenly remember that done like the AR and leave...

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I am a nurse ex RAMC and have joined the temporary register. Many wallets to biopsy!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Anyone else noticed that everyone over the rank of Lt Cdr is using this as their chance to display their awesome leadership skills, by writing a ******* essay and emailing it out to the troops?

I’ve had about 12 messages / emails from 2SL down which all basically say the same thing, but in 14 paragraphs of management / Dartmouth drivel.

They can all be summarised thus:

“No one knows what’s going on. You might get mobilised. Well done.”

The best management phrase I’ve seen so far is “command are alive to the fact that this is a fluid situation.”

Do officers just sit around in the weirdroom seeing who can come up with the most nauseating bullshit?

Anyone else noticed that everyone over the rank of Lt Cdr is using this as their chance to display their awesome leadership skills, by writing a ******* essay and emailing it out to the troops?

I’ve had about 12 messages / emails from 2SL down which all basically say the same thing, but in 14 paragraphs of management / Dartmouth drivel.

The best management phrase I’ve seen so far is “command are alive to the fact that this is a fluid situation.”

Do officers just sit around in the weirdroom seeing who can come up with the most nauseating bullshit?
where some see death and disorder some see SJAR and awards

NemoIII

War Hero
Absolutely brutal this, loads of people using this these days. You just know a few years ago someone used this in a presentation/meeting and its spread like the Coronavirus through the MOD.

My OCs brief: we don't know what's happening any more than you.

You might get recalled to home units and used. If you find out before I do, ring me.

I'll keep you informed if I hear anything, please do the same.

Done.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My OCs brief: we don't know what's happening any more than you.

You might get recalled to home units and used. If you find out before I do, ring me.

I'll keep you informed if I hear anything, please do the same.

Done.
Exactly how it should be done.

I’m getting a daily brief via WhatsApp telling me to check Defence Gateway for the latest important message from CDRENGNORTH (other made up senior officer positions are available).

The Army has some similar tales. The Richard III/eve of battle speeches are also a bit easier when you're fixing bayonets and about to charge a taliban machine gun nest, not quite as effective when your enemy is an invisible virus.

I also assume the G3 warriors are looking enviously at the G4 types as they take centre stage including at Excel in London.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Exactly how it should be done.

I’m getting a daily brief via WhatsApp telling me to check Defence Gateway for the latest important message from CDRENGNORTH (other made up senior officer positions are available).
I know that when they have to mobilise AB Ravers, were doomed, DOOMED I tell ya.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The Army has some similar tales. The Richard III/eve of battle speeches are also a bit easier when you're fixing bayonets and about to charge a taliban machine gun nest, not quite as effective when your enemy is an invisible virus.

I also assume the G3 warriors are looking enviously at the G4 types as they take centre stage including at Excel in London.
Once more unto the bleach.

Oh, sorry, wrong play.

Latest Threads