COVID-19 mobilisation

Sentinel

Old-Salt
I think we need a thread on this as it's a very fast moving situation out there and to the best of my knowledge nobody has actually been called up yet. However, I do know that certain units have been putting out the feelers to see who would be available at short notice if they need to mobilise people. Could a compulsory call-up be in the offing for certain units?

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
Sorry, I'm washing my hair....

I think we need a thread on this as it's a very fast moving situation out there and to the best of my knowledge nobody has actually been called up yet. However, I do know that certain units have been putting out the feelers to see who would be available at short notice if they need to mobilise people. Could a compulsory call-up be in the offing for certain units?
It is likely that some elements will be trawled for, and potentially mobilised.

I can't disclose more via these means. For any Reservists, please ignore random posts on here, use defence gateway and normal comms with CoC.

fatboy69

Old-Salt
Don't worry. I'm sure if they require the services of an army of geriatric keyboard warriors to try and out Google someone on a subject they have absolutely no knowledge about, this will be the first place they come.

Don't worry. I'm sure if they require the services of an army of geriatric keyboard warriors to try and out Google someone on a subject they have absolutely no knowledge about, this will be the first place they come.
Oi.. Less of the Geriatric. :rofl:

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
Anyone know who to contact ref volunteering. I live only 5 minutes away from a training camp and about 10 from the first one I was ever posted to. Fit and healthy and professional driver. Ex logistics.

Anyone know who to contact ref volunteering. I live only 5 minutes away from a training camp and about 10 from the first one I was ever posted to. Fit and healthy and professional driver. Ex logistics.
I'd wait out, it is likely civilian logistics firms will be used also so you can contribute, but if the MOD needs you they'll tell you. In reality far more likely to be able to support in your civilian role in the immediate term.

Will they fly me back business class?

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt
I'd wait out, it is likely civilian logistics firms will be used also so you can contribute, but if the MOD needs you they'll tell you. In reality far more likely to be able to support in your civilian role in the immediate term.
I’m a driving instructor so I know my area well. I could deliver stuff I suppose. Last time I done that in a uniform was in Bosnia delivering sacks of spuds to locals and getting pished on Slivo.

You can probably do that these days.
That's debatable. The MoD had been extremely busy designing a new GSR, because I was getting too aroused wearing the S10 - to the awe of every man in my section, I should add - and that was hindering combat effectiveness.

God, I loved the S10.

Latest Threads