COVID-19 Is Racist

The usual limp, snowflakey, finger-pointers here in the US have picked up on an identified trend with the virus. Apparently a higher number of people of colour have been affected by the virus than white people.

Depending on who is voicing an opinion on this the message seems to vary somewhere between: a. The virus is obviously racist, to b. The predominantly white owned, run and managed healthcare providers are again sidelining people of colour for white people.

The reality is that more black people are more economically challenged by nature of their environment - but they spend all their time moaning about it rather than working to get out of it*.I digress. The fact that they are low income, and live in low rent, high population density areas means they are in closer contact with other people and the likelihood of catching the virus is higher. In fact no different to low income groups anywhere else on the planet.

Notes: *. The wifes 2IC is a black lady, a single mother of two lovely kids, who worked very hard to lift herself. She is now successful, earns around $150K a year and hates people who don’t try to improve themsleves.

Tyk

LE
I read something similar on the BBC of all places, admittedly they were pointing subtly towards the racist interpretation too.

No doubt there are social factors causing a skewing effect, it's also not beyond the bounds of reason that there may be some genetics at play. No matter how much the right on types claim that all humans are the same, that's demonstrably not the case, African descendants have not mutated quite the same amount or the same way as the peoples that wandered North, West and East so there could or could not be some extra vulnerability.

Just listen to either the state or city press conferences here. It’s 75% of why we need to be give stimulus checks to the illegals and How the minorities are unfairly affected by the ‘Chyna’ virus.

Dumbasses closed the BLM and desert... one of the few places you can socially distance yourself in miles from anyone else.

Apparently the thing got to SA brought in by a bunch of folks on a skiing trip to Europe. For a while the usual shit stirrers crowed that it was whitey's disease until a few black folks contracted it, when the story changed to the evil white man bringing it into SA to decimate the black population.

The victim mentality is mind boggling. This is something that is uniting people against it in a lot of instances, but there are still some who just can't get away from looking for someone to blame.

Of course, a minority is always an easy target.

I've been wondering how long it would be before we saw this kind of story. Sadly it didn't take long.

I read something similar on the BBC of all places, admittedly they were pointing subtly towards the racist interpretation too.

No doubt there are social factors causing a skewing effect, it's also not beyond the bounds of reason that there may be some genetics at play. No matter how much the right on types claim that all humans are the same, that's demonstrably not the case, African descendants have not mutated quite the same amount or the same way as the peoples that wandered North, West and East so there could or could not be some extra vulnerability.
There was a very good article on the BBC commenting h that social inequality was resulting in proportionately more deaths in the BAME community - I haven't seen any reporting that specifically states that the virus targets people of colour or that (in the UK, at least) the health care system discriminates against them.

However, in the UK with 30% of the Bangladesh community reportedly living in overcrowded accommodation, higher rates of infection are inevitable.

There was a very good article on the BBC commenting h that social inequality was resulting in proportionately more deaths in the BAME community - I haven't seen any reporting that specifically states that the virus targets people of colour or that (in the UK, at least) the health care system discriminates against them.

However, in the UK with 30% of the Bangladesh community reportedly living in overcrowded accommodation, higher rates of infection are inevitable.
I would fully expect the BAME community to be over represented in the UK infected rates.

Cities are going to be hit harder than rural areas - BAME communities are concentrated in cities.

This is before deprived areas - cultural norms - overcrowding and community attitude to quarantine are factored in - (both positive and negative)

The UK population is about 85% Urban, I would be very surprised if when it came to BAME Communities they wee anything less than 95% Urban.

Thankfully Abbott and Corbyn are gone so were less likely to see the statistics completely removed from context and presented as Tory Genocide of Brown people by MPs.

Gruniad article in the bing news feed:

Sexist and racist though the sexist bit is men so can be ignored and Lindy how very dare you dragging other factors into the mix to explain things sensibly.

What next the number of Chinese tourists in the Lakes over the Xmas period resulting in the disproportionate number of cases in a very sparsely populated area.

Without a breakdown of the data to include race, as well as demographic, I doubt anyone can draw conclusions... But generally, the wealthier person is less accomadating and more demanding. Several cases of deaths covered by the media show an ambulance attending a patient and they're leaving without the patient after suggesting they're stay at home. Plus, the wealthier tend to be in better health and BAME are less likely to be from that higher socio-economic group.

Then again, icke has detected a link to 5g, so maybe all that science is bunckum and the chief of conspiracies is right.

Without a breakdown of the data to include race, as well as demographic, I doubt anyone can draw conclusions... But generally, the wealthier person is less accomadating and more demanding. Several cases of deaths covered by the media show an ambulance attending a patient and they're leaving without the patient after suggesting they're stay at home. Plus, the wealthier tend to be in better health and BAME are less likely to be from that higher socio-economic group.

Then again, icke has detected a link to 5g, so maybe all that science is bunckum and the chief of conspiracies is right.
I think expressing it as “detected a link to 5g” is giving the raging lunatic more credit than he is due.

philc

LE
Tiresome crap, ethnic minorities may well of not received the message due to language issues or just not taking on board the news due to no interaction with day to day UK life, ie not watching UK news and even reading the newspapers.

It could be this simple even. A lot of data and analysis over the coming months and years.

Why has Spain had almost 11,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic while Portugal’s death toll barely exceeds 200?

Such a disparity in numbers within the Iberian peninsula is mysterious, but it could in part be explained by the two countries’ different use of a vaccine. Not a vaccine against COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus – no such vaccine exists yet, rather it is the decades-old tuberculosis vaccine that seems to offer an explanation.

A new scientific study has discovered a possible correlation between countries where it is mandatory to be vaccinated against tuberculosis, also called “Bacillus Calmette-Guerin” (BCG), and the impact of the new coronavirus.

Don't black men suffer more from sickle cell disease?

Men in general die younger from it too. By a good couple of years.

Can't remember if it was suggested it is caused by malaria or protects against it.

Re BCG, why on earth are we not blanket vaccinating still? Apparently we only offer it in certain jobs or locales.

Mrs only recently told me about this so we'll be sorting kids out shortly. Not because of covid, but because it strikes me as daft we have a vaccination were not using...

Tiresome crap, ethnic minorities may well of not received the message due to language issues or just not taking on board the news due to no interaction with day to day UK life, ie not watching UK news and even reading the newspapers.

It could be this simple even. A lot of data and analysis over the coming months and years.

Why has Spain had almost 11,000 deaths from the coronavirus pandemic while Portugal’s death toll barely exceeds 200?

Such a disparity in numbers within the Iberian peninsula is mysterious, but it could in part be explained by the two countries’ different use of a vaccine. Not a vaccine against COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus – no such vaccine exists yet, rather it is the decades-old tuberculosis vaccine that seems to offer an explanation.

A new scientific study has discovered a possible correlation between countries where it is mandatory to be vaccinated against tuberculosis, also called “Bacillus Calmette-Guerin” (BCG), and the impact of the new coronavirus.
Bollox.
Here was me thinking I was lucky when I got punched in the arm as a kid when I didnt need the BCG.

The usual limp, snowflakey, finger-pointers here in the US have picked up on an identified trend with the virus. Apparently a higher number of people of colour have been affected by the virus than white people.

Depending on who is voicing an opinion on this the message seems to vary somewhere between: a. The virus is obviously racist, to b. The predominantly white owned, run and managed healthcare providers are again sidelining people of colour for white people.

The reality is that more black people are more economically challenged by nature of their environment - but they spend all their time moaning about it rather than working to get out of it*.I digress. The fact that they are low income, and live in low rent, high population density areas means they are in closer contact with other people and the likelihood of catching the virus is higher. In fact no different to low income groups anywhere else on the planet.

Notes: *. The wifes 2IC is a black lady, a single mother of two lovely kids, who worked very hard to lift herself. She is now successful, earns around $150K a year and hates people who don’t try to improve themsleves.
I have another theory in this context.
Apparently disciplined people (those who strictly follow all recommendations, rules, use self-isolation, personal hygiene and so on) have better chances not to be infected.
What peoples have habits to be disciplined? Peoples where discipline, 'ordnung' is in the blood (as the Germans for example) and those who live (or lived not so long ago) under totalitarian regimes.
I like the Spaniards and the Italians. They are lovely peoples but their level of discipline apparently is not high. So COVID-19 European statistics has logical explanation.
Returning to the USA, it should be said that tens millions of Americans have German roots and respective mentality. It could (only could) explain why proportion of infected white Americans is lower than the mean level.

Last edited:
But generally, the wealthier person is less accomadating and more demanding.
Really

That goes against my equally anecdotal experience where those on Welfare are more likely to be the most demanding* having developed or being brought up with a culture of entitlement. A general demand for free stuff as its free - because there's a wilful failure to understand nothings free.

You can add certain communities willingness to use race if they aren't getting there own way
- To be clear Its a local community trick - not any specific race or culture and I dare say somewhere the cry is it cos I am white has been utterred

In reality theres self entitled tossers in all groups and I doubt any really has a monopoly -

**Doctors for Free prescription for calpol rather than pay 1 pound for it in pound stretcher, insist on an Ambulance to take them to Maternity- because nobody has a car - ( yet oddly no shortage of friends who can drive visiting in hospital )

Edit or my own sister who has my mother running around after her because as a single mum with a toddler it isn't possible to go to the Drs or shopping without a car.

Whats really annoying is my mother managed this with 2 children under 5 and no car yet still feeds my sisters sense of self entitlement.

Yes of course she wasn't a single mum - but I strongly suspect that when the Lanny went past blaring Active edge Active Edge - Stallion Gallop** and Mr L Snr spent the next 6 weeks on Crusader/ Lion heart / whatever - he wasn't popping back to Hohne to take her shopping and nor was granny. I doubt he was much help either during various tours.

**PWO??

Last edited: