Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

COVID-19 Is Racist

The usual limp, snowflakey, finger-pointers here in the US have picked up on an identified trend with the virus. Apparently a higher number of people of colour have been affected by the virus than white people.

Depending on who is voicing an opinion on this the message seems to vary somewhere between: a. The virus is obviously racist, to b. The predominantly white owned, run and managed healthcare providers are again sidelining people of colour for white people.

The reality is that more black people are more economically challenged by nature of their environment - but they spend all their time moaning about it rather than working to get out of it*.I digress. The fact that they are low income, and live in low rent, high population density areas means they are in closer contact with other people and the likelihood of catching the virus is higher. In fact no different to low income groups anywhere else on the planet.

Notes: *. The wifes 2IC is a black lady, a single mother of two lovely kids, who worked very hard to lift herself. She is now successful, earns around $150K a year and hates people who don’t try to improve themsleves.

I read something similar on the BBC of all places, admittedly they were pointing subtly towards the racist interpretation too.

No doubt there are social factors causing a skewing effect, it's also not beyond the bounds of reason that there may be some genetics at play. No matter how much the right on types claim that all humans are the same, that's demonstrably not the case, African descendants have not mutated quite the same amount or the same way as the peoples that wandered North, West and East so there could or could not be some extra vulnerability.

Just listen to either the state or city press conferences here. It’s 75% of why we need to be give stimulus checks to the illegals and How the minorities are unfairly affected by the ‘Chyna’ virus.

Dumbasses closed the BLM and desert... one of the few places you can socially distance yourself in miles from anyone else.

Apparently the thing got to SA brought in by a bunch of folks on a skiing trip to Europe. For a while the usual shit stirrers crowed that it was whitey's disease until a few black folks contracted it, when the story changed to the evil white man bringing it into SA to decimate the black population.

The victim mentality is mind boggling. This is something that is uniting people against it in a lot of instances, but there are still some who just can't get away from looking for someone to blame.

Of course, a minority is always an easy target.

I read something similar on the BBC of all places, admittedly they were pointing subtly towards the racist interpretation too.

No doubt there are social factors causing a skewing effect, it's also not beyond the bounds of reason that there may be some genetics at play. No matter how much the right on types claim that all humans are the same, that's demonstrably not the case, African descendants have not mutated quite the same amount or the same way as the peoples that wandered North, West and East so there could or could not be some extra vulnerability.
There was a very good article on the BBC commenting h that social inequality was resulting in proportionately more deaths in the BAME community - I haven't seen any reporting that specifically states that the virus targets people of colour or that (in the UK, at least) the health care system discriminates against them.

However, in the UK with 30% of the Bangladesh community reportedly living in overcrowded accommodation, higher rates of infection are inevitable.

There was a very good article on the BBC commenting h that social inequality was resulting in proportionately more deaths in the BAME community - I haven't seen any reporting that specifically states that the virus targets people of colour or that (in the UK, at least) the health care system discriminates against them.

However, in the UK with 30% of the Bangladesh community reportedly living in overcrowded accommodation, higher rates of infection are inevitable.

I would fully expect the BAME community to be over represented in the UK infected rates.

Cities are going to be hit harder than rural areas - BAME communities are concentrated in cities.

This is before deprived areas - cultural norms - overcrowding and community attitude to quarantine are factored in - (both positive and negative)

The UK population is about 85% Urban, I would be very surprised if when it came to BAME Communities they wee anything less than 95% Urban.

Thankfully Abbott and Corbyn are gone so were less likely to see the statistics completely removed from context and presented as Tory Genocide of Brown people by MPs.

Without a breakdown of the data to include race, as well as demographic, I doubt anyone can draw conclusions... But generally, the wealthier person is less accomadating and more demanding. Several cases of deaths covered by the media show an ambulance attending a patient and they're leaving without the patient after suggesting they're stay at home. Plus, the wealthier tend to be in better health and BAME are less likely to be from that higher socio-economic group.

Then again, icke has detected a link to 5g, so maybe all that science is bunckum and the chief of conspiracies is right.

Without a breakdown of the data to include race, as well as demographic, I doubt anyone can draw conclusions... But generally, the wealthier person is less accomadating and more demanding. Several cases of deaths covered by the media show an ambulance attending a patient and they're leaving without the patient after suggesting they're stay at home. Plus, the wealthier tend to be in better health and BAME are less likely to be from that higher socio-economic group.

Then again, icke has detected a link to 5g, so maybe all that science is bunckum and the chief of conspiracies is right.
I think expressing it as “detected a link to 5g” is giving the raging lunatic more credit than he is due.