Covid 19 - how long will the public tolerate a lockdown?

Having worked for myself from home before this is easier, no temptation to check emails after 5, my work space is the summer house and not the actual house, work phone automatically puts itself on silent.
Best invention ever.

My colleagues in the regiment were aghast when my phone started chinning them off after a certain time. Admittedly that time was about 15 mins prior to knock off. No more last minutedotcoms for me.

Think you might be right as it transpires the lass on the bench is a staunch anti lockdown conspiracy theorist ...

Hey ho

cheers

Ah, yes. Not a poor innocent victim then - one of several organised trouble-makers.

Where do I go to start a proper conspiracy theory? Where do I post it?

I'm going to inform people that the recent snow in Spain is as a result of the government and other dark forces seeding the clouds with covid vaccine. It is an attempt to make people survive so that they can be enslaved by the illuminate.

skwawkbox they'll print any old shite as long as it is pro marxist or anti british, so bonkers conspiracy theories are going to sit well with their target audience

Having worked for myself from home before this is easier, no temptation to check emails after 5, my work space is the summer house and not the actual house, work phone automatically puts itself on silent.

Evan easier if they only supply a mobile phone, just leave it off and claim it ran out of battery power if anyone rings it

Where do I go to start a proper conspiracy theory? Where do I post it?

Bugsy is a bit of an expert in this field, for example, his 9/11 theories were top rated bat shit crazy arguments.

You should PM him for ideas.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Evan easier if they only supply a mobile phone, just leave it off and claim it ran out of battery power if anyone rings it

because our company IT is dogplop if I turn the phone off or it 'goes flat' then all support and training calls go to my answer phone instead of being forwarded to the next person in the chain.

If I'm not available to take calls for any reason then the phone goes onto do not disturb. I think it's been on that almost full time since Feb

because our company IT is dogplop if I turn the phone off or it 'goes flat' then all support and training calls go to my answer phone instead of being forwarded to the next person in the chain.

If I'm not available to take calls for any reason then the phone goes onto do not disturb. I think it's been on that almost full time since Feb

I've got it lucky then, no one phones me regularly now, I get all support queries by slack or email, it stops the unofficial requests mostly and I can spend time developing new things more

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've got it lucky then, no one phones me regularly now, I get all support queries by slack or email, it stops the unofficial requests mostly and I can spend time developing new things more

Our lack-of-support team is too small and relies on the training department.
Unfortunately, due to management policy of 100% utilisation (must run courses all day every day, no admin time ) we can't support* the support team. This has caused management to get upset.

* Do their jobs for them

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Were you always this cynical or has it developed recently? Is this something else to blame on social media and the shallow cut of self?

How many people are not key workers, but help care for people or do a bit of shopping for them?

What are the 4Es? Empathise? Educate? Evaluate? Execute?

No, it sounds moreish!
This is the top shelf of the cupboard behind me. It's about 1/4 of the mead we have left.

20210112_090721.jpg

We did a batch containing edible gold leaf in memory of Wayne Moores (the man brutally killed by the convicted drink drive Donna Hackett who ran away and hid, initially denying being the cowardly killer)

The pineapple and coconut has been the most popular version as well as being the strongest. The next batch will be started on the weekend.

This is the top shelf of the cupboard behind me. It's about 1/4 of the mead we have left.

View attachment 538544

We did a batch containing edible gold leaf in memory of Wayne Moores (the man brutally killed by the convicted drink drive Donna Hackett who ran away and hid, initially denying being the cowardly killer)

The pineapple and coconut has been the most popular version as well as being the strongest. The next batch will be started on the weekend.

I see that your collection of bodily fluids is coming along nicely . . .

1610444336753.png

We go into a declared emergency tomorrow with whatever enforcement that entails. As per the thread I am over it and I don’t think the lockdown at this level is worth it. Unless they can speed through vaccine in days rather than the many months it will take I think it will continue to spread. Let those who want to isolate do it, and those who want to work can work. I see little point in buttoning society up so tight, and then when we all come out in the months to come we catch it anyway.

Just when we all thought the Cloggies were uber-cool dope heads, it turns out they're more like the denizens of Grimsby after all.

'A young crowd of rioters have burnt down a coronavirus testing centre in a conservative Dutch fishing village, as the first night of a nationwide curfew was met with a largely peaceful – but occasionally incendiary – response.

'The angry mob was also accused of destroying police cars and pelting officers with bricks and fireworks in Urk, situated 50 miles northeast of Amsterdam, prompting the mayor to invoke emergency powers and call for riot police – who arrived after the crowd had been tamed.

'Footage showed dozens of protesters at the village’s harbour as the new 9pm curfew came into effect, some blaring car and moped horns. While several fires appeared to have been lit, the largest was the blaze at a drive-through test centre, which was reduced to a burnt-out shell.'

TamH70

MIA
Just when we all thought the Cloggies were uber-cool dope heads, it turns out they're more like the denizens of Grimsby after all.

'A young crowd of rioters have burnt down a coronavirus testing centre in a conservative Dutch fishing village, as the first night of a nationwide curfew was met with a largely peaceful – but occasionally incendiary – response.

'The angry mob was also accused of destroying police cars and pelting officers with bricks and fireworks in Urk, situated 50 miles northeast of Amsterdam, prompting the mayor to invoke emergency powers and call for riot police – who arrived after the crowd had been tamed.

'Footage showed dozens of protesters at the village’s harbour as the new 9pm curfew came into effect, some blaring car and moped horns. While several fires appeared to have been lit, the largest was the blaze at a drive-through test centre, which was reduced to a burnt-out shell.'

At least the liberal shitlords in the Independent called the scrotes "rioters", but the bit I bolded gripped my shit. It's exactly the same sort of description that they and scum like them used to describe what happened when their pet scum in BLM, ANTIFA and their cronies set parts of most of America's cities ablaze.

At least the liberal shitlords in the Independent called the scrotes "rioters", but the bit I bolded gripped my shit. It's exactly the same sort of description that they and scum like them used to describe what happened when their pet scum in BLM, ANTIFA and their cronies set parts of most of America's cities ablaze.

You mean this 'liberal shitlord'?

Evgeny Alexandrovich Lebedev, Baron Lebedev[1] (Russian: Евгений Александрович Лебедев, tr. Evgeniy Aleksandrovich Lebedev[a], pronounced [ɪ̯ɪvˈɡʲenʲɪɪ̯ ˈlʲebʲɪdʲɪf]; born 8 May 1980) is a Russian-British businessman, who owns Lebedev Holdings Ltd, which owns the Evening Standard, The Independent and the TV channel London Live.

In July 2020, Lebedev was nominated for a life peerage by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, a move that drew criticism.[3][4]Lebedev has sat in the House of Lords as a crossbench life peer since 19 November 2020.[5] Lebedev was supported at his House of Lords introduction ceremony by Kenneth Clarke and Baron Bird.
[6]

TamH70

MIA
You mean this 'liberal shitlord'?

Evgeny Alexandrovich Lebedev, Baron Lebedev[1] (Russian: Евгений Александрович Лебедев, tr. Evgeniy Aleksandrovich Lebedev[a], pronounced [ɪ̯ɪvˈɡʲenʲɪɪ̯ ˈlʲebʲɪdʲɪf]; born 8 May 1980) is a Russian-British businessman, who owns Lebedev Holdings Ltd, which owns the Evening Standard, The Independent and the TV channel London Live.

In July 2020, Lebedev was nominated for a life peerage by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, a move that drew criticism.[3][4]Lebedev has sat in the House of Lords as a crossbench life peer since 19 November 2020.[5] Lebedev was supported at his House of Lords introduction ceremony by Kenneth Clarke and Baron Bird.
[6]

Yep.

After all, the Conservative Party are thought of as bleeding heart Liberals by even the US Democratic Party. And he's still just a cross-bencher, not a full-on Conservative peer.

Yep.

After all, the Conservative Party are thought of as bleeding heart Liberals by even the US Democratic Party. And he's still just a cross-bencher, not a full-on Conservative peer.

Weak, and what does that say about BoJo, who 'elevated' him to a peerage in the first place?