Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid 19 - how long will the public tolerate a lockdown?

Danatanian

Old-Salt
If you've been to Tenerife he's been to twentyerife type of thing ?

Exactly. I am tempted to buy a black dog just to send him on a search for one that is even blacker.

Isn't there a grassline or some online reporting structure so you can report them ?...just following orders was no excuse either

Number of covid lockdown breach calls is reducing now. Can tell the disappointment when at first they gleefully explain their neighbour or whoever was doing whatever today and are told "That's allowed now". It's quite clear the significant majority phoning in are/were not doing so out of genuine concern for public health. The callers are mainly asking to remain anon - which just means I dont put their name / address on the log. Unless they call from witheld on 101- can still see their number and who they are though...and how many other times they've reported shit. As I've said before- people were using it as an excuse to sort out noisy neighbour issues. I'd say around 98% of the people reported were, upon investigation - found not to be in contravention of the rules - whatever they were at that time. The "I've been furloughed so can keep providing you updates of number 16's daily activities" brigade have had "words of advice" in some cases. A few harassment cases also-due to same person being reported vexatiously multiple times
The number of covid calls are slowly dropping but-are made up for by the other ingenious methods people dream up just to be able to keep their weekly "gotta phone the police" quota up.

Number of covid lockdown breach calls is reducing now. Can tell the disappointment when at first they gleefully explain their neighbour or whoever was doing whatever today and are told "That's allowed now". It's quite clear the significant majority phoning in are/were not doing so out of genuine concern for public health. The callers are mainly asking to remain anon - which just means I dont put their name / address on the log. Unless they call from witheld on 101- can still see their number and who they are though...and how many other times they've reported shit. As I've said before- people were using it as an excuse to sort out noisy neighbour issues. I'd say around 98% of the people reported were, upon investigation - found not to be in contravention of the rules - whatever they were at that time. The "I've been furloughed so can keep providing you updates of number 16's daily activities" brigade have had "words of advice" in some cases. A few harassment cases also-due to same person being reported vexatiously multiple times
The number of covid calls are slowly dropping but-are made up for by the other ingenious methods people dream up just to be able to keep their weekly "gotta phone the police" quota up.

any idea where Hampshire plod are being held?
they all seemed to have been kidnapped 6 weeks ago

any idea where Hampshire plod are being held?
they all seemed to have been kidnapped 6 weeks ago

In Fratton, Copnor and Rowner where they conduct most of their business I expect!

When Klaus Barbie took over the Gestapo in Lyon, he set up a desk in the town square for people to come and give information on their neighbours - there were so many that he had to set up a number of extra desks and the queues were around the block. It is interesting to see that we are not so very different...

When Klaus Barbie took over the Gestapo in Lyon, he set up a desk in the town square for people to come and give information on their neighbours - there were so many that he had to set up a number of extra desks and the queues were around the block. It is interesting to see that we are not so very different...
There is some difference in the fact that we are not deporting the rule breakers to concentration camps and then working them to their deaths......YET ;-)

Last edited:
Hooray for Menards being open today! Nothing like a project when you are working at home for the day.
14FA6823-1A65-4287-A9B5-79CABD3282E6.jpeg
87B337E7-B00A-4376-97BE-651A5B7A158F.jpeg
460FBE14-81B8-48F8-BA21-CA7301A56524.jpeg

2. GoNorthEast are running a 'tweaked sunday service' - feel free to check, though the last time you did that, you fell on your arrse.
On planet Zog maybe

NSP

LE
I'd just like to thank all the pig-ignorant, selfish arsewipes in the major conurbations of Britain, and the students, for ignoring the rules and causing our useless government to put the whole country - including the south-west, which is almost completely disease-free now, comparatively - back into lockdown.

Well fucking done, you utterly stupid shitstacks.

I for one will carry on as normal, being sensible and following the guideline precautions, and Boris can ram it if he doesn't like it.

Ahh - I feel better now.

I'd just like to thank all the pig-ignorant, selfish arsewipes in the major conurbations of Britain, and the students, for ignoring the rules and causing our useless government to put the whole country - including the south-west, which is almost completely disease-free now, comparatively - back into lockdown.

Well fucking done, you utterly stupid shitstacks.

I for one will carry on as normal, being sensible and following the guideline precautions, and Boris can ram it if he doesn't like it.

Ahh - I feel better now.

Glad you feel better

Dalef65

Old-Salt
What rules did the students ignore.?

The colleges and Universities were re-opened and they students were invited back to resume their education. (And rightly so in the grand scheme of things.) If Covid19 has taken off after that point, you can hardly blame individuals who are simply trying to get an education to enhance their future prospects in life.

This idea that we are back in lockdown "because people didn't follow the rules", is a bit wide of the mark if you ask me, and seems to me to be a bit of a selective attempt to rewrite history.

In the first lockdown there was widespread compliance and an acceptance that we were all in this together. Save the NHS, Aided by the good weather and evidenced by the clapping on the doorstep. The rules were followed.

The fact we are now in a second lockdown isn't because the instructions were not adhered to, it's because (and the scientists have actually said this), a lockdown is only a temporary measure.
Once you take the restrictions away the virus numbers go up again. FACT.

Instead of pretending that it's the fault of faceless people failing to follow vague inconsistent rules, what we need is an open and honest no holds barred debate as a country about where we go next to get out of this aimless perpetual lockdown cycle.

Particularly when as seems increasingly clear the much heralded vaccine if it ever comes is not going to be as efficacious as we have been led to believe.

The colleges and Universities were re-opened and they students were invited back to resume their education. (And rightly so in the grand scheme of things.) If Covid19 has taken off after that point, you can hardly blame individuals who are simply trying to get an education to enhance their future prospects in life.

This idea that we are back in lockdown "because people didn't follow the rules", is a bit wide of the mark if you ask me, and seems to me to be a bit of a selective attempt to rewrite history.

In the first lockdown there was widespread compliance and an acceptance that we were all in this together. Save the NHS, Aided by the good weather and evidenced by the clapping on the doorstep. The rules were followed.

The fact we are now in a second lockdown isn't because the instructions were not adhered to, it's because (and the scientists have actually said this), a lockdown is only a temporary measure.

Instead of pretending that it's the fault of faceless people failing to follow vague inconsistent rules, what we need is an open and honest no holds barred debate as a country about where we go next to get out of this aimless perpetual lockdown cycle.

Particularly when as seems increasingly clear the much heralded vaccine if it ever comes is not going to be as efficacious as we have been led to believe.

Of course the stats go up when the lockdowns are lifted, however they start going into higher numbers when people start acting like bellends. Which quite a few did,

Its very much the fault of *********.

Ah... I see this thread has been reingnited.
From my current experience- most covid breach calls still remain essentially noise complaints and found to have no substance wrt covid regulations.

The ones that do though - do tend to be reports of 'student houses' having parties. - Surprisingly- most of the ones I've taken have been fellow students grassing up their oppos next door.
I honestly think its the REAL subject students getting miffed with the media / surf studies type students.
*Further edit: Its normally at this point where "Josh" is exposed to his room mates as actually being called 'James'.

I have no hard stats at hand. I can only speak from the calls I've dealt with and seen the follow-up...I'd say 80% of people subject to covid breach reports are found to be not actually in breach for various reasons.
You then get the regular callers who report these-yet ask to remain anon calling back for an update: "We can't update you- you asked to remain anon plus- we cant tell you the reasons officers found the reasons given acceptable".

Most people who report covid breaches also seem to report lots of other things..that dont really amount to anything: "Blue car in town today was speeding".
There have been a few harassment charges due to people constantly maliciously reporting covid breaches.
Mainly Kayleigh-anne types who live in a housing association house opposite Prunella who owns her own home and objects to Kayleigh living in the same area- and the Prunellas see this as a perfect opportunity to try and get them out.

COVID really has brought out the worst in people. We'd truly be fecked in a world war nowadays.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
You've missed headlines like this, then...?

And so on and so on and so on...

Edited to add: subsequent posts now seen.

Dalef65

Old-Salt
I see...
Some isolated sensationalist headlines from the woefully inadequate MSM, but no engagement with the actual main points of what I said.

I see...
Some isolated sensationalist headlines from the woefully inadequate MSM, but no engagement with the actual main points of what I said.
There's a lot of (sometimes intentional) confusion between being part of the vector by with spread has occurred (eg. students en mass going back to Uni to start the new year) and students being to blame for it. They seem similar but are very different things.

I see...
Isolated? Apart from the BLM marches? Apart for the anti mask marches? Apart from the scousers celebrating Liverpool winning the league?

Yeah its all a conspiracy by the press :roll:

Isolated? Apart from the BLM marches? Apart for the anti mask marches? Apart from the scousers celebrating Liverpool winning the league?

Yeah its all a conspiracy by the press :roll:
Don't forget the kind of mongs who walk into a supermarket entrance and then stand there so nobody else can safely get past them, then wander around with fuckall situational awareness. It's bad enough when all they do to you is get in your way, worse when their social distancing skills go out the ******* window.

Latest Threads