Covid 19 - how long will the public tolerate a lockdown?

kimmi851

War Hero
I wouldn't put my helmet on the barbequeue.
I am using this lockdown as an excuse to avoid a policeman putting his helmet anywhere near me. After this I will have to go back to my default of "I am busy", and that is starting to look a little hollow.

Actually the lockdown in my estate seems to be pretty much ignored anyway, it made it through the first week reasonably but then everyone decided it doesn't apply to them for x/y/z reason. Kids out on bikes in the streets just riding up and down as a gang, the local oiks doing daily 7am runs to the local corner shop for beer (though that might stop - it started when the illegal drugs ran out, sadly the smell in the area says that supplies of those have resumed), loads of cars that are not usual to the area being around regularly. Mini Me is feeling rather hard done by that she gets to sit around in the house watching educational videos, having her internet Russian lessons, reading her way through the bookshelves and working on tying knots instead of joining in the fun., but as I point out to her - this way she can get a head start on insulting them in Russian when she can go out

Have you ever seen a gay orgy in a vestry? No. You saw nothing. You have no evidence. It never happened. I wasn't there.

At best, I was present but not involved.
Present but not involved? You're saying Jezza is a bender? Does the fragrant Dianne know? Although to be fair, fat 'orrible mess that she is, she is most likely the one to have turned him to the ghey.

The old biddy up the canal has had a pop at me for loading my van with some panicky bollocks about " were just trying to stay alive " to which my response was " no one wants that luv " which as a comeback I'm rating 7 out if 10.

Apparently I'm going to be " reported to the Canal and River Trust " . I'm shitting bricks here.

Normal service and proliferating Brexit threads will be resumed as soon as possible.

I know many on here have withdrawal symptoms on here (pun itended)
It is still going on as planned. We zoomed with a relative in the UK on saturday who is a senior bag carrier for a PUS. During the conversation we asked/said that we supposed everything was being thrown at Covid-19. The response was that strangely they were still also dealing with Brexit for the set date of 31/12/20. The relative having personally responded to a couple of No.10 and Cabinet information requests regarding the matter just this week.

I give it another warm weekend, and in London, the beds in sheds dwellers will discover new found strivings for upgraded 50'' TVs.

It hasn`t gone away, you know!
Tell you what mate, it's fcuking shite without any football. I actually saw a video on youtube (Thogden or something) claimed they had info on what the Premier league and EFL were doing. According to them the mags won the FA cup, how I laughed the next day when obviously it was a load of bollocks.

Tell you what mate, it's fcuking shite without any football. I actually saw a video on youtube (Thogden or something) claimed they had info on what the Premier league and EFL were doing. According to them the mags won the FA cup, how I laughed the next day when obviously it was a load of bollocks.
Have to agree mucker, it is total shite without footie. Saturdays and Sundays are absolutely shocking. Never mind winning the FA Cup, we are all cock a hoop that we`re 90 minutes from Wembley. Yeah, I know it would only be the semi final stage, but that`s as about as good as it gets for us till the FCB sells up.

Human Rights have not been infringed, that’s just a typical go to of an offended person.

I give it two more warm weekends before people break like a warm Kit Kat, mass ignorance of the law will start in London and spread from there.
Vitamin D withdrawal symptoms might be a trigger, but that may just end up with an cannabis-fuelled punch up on the beaches that would warm the cockles of geriatric mods and rockers throughout the kingdom.

What might be a trickier one for the Government to handle is the self-employed not wanting to be the last to return to the market for fear of having their clients poached. I'm sure there'll be a tidy crop of COVID-19 DIY shitstorms to clear up in many lines of business, and no self-employed tradesman will want to miss out on that highly lucrative fun.

Have to agree mucker, it is total shite without footie. Saturdays and Sundays are absolutely shocking. Never mind winning the FA Cup, we are all cock a hoop that we`re 90 minutes from Wembley. Yeah, I know it would only be the semi final stage, but that`s as about as good as it gets for us till the FCB sells up.
Aye exactly mate. Had two trips there last season, albeit very depressing at the end of both.

Latest Threads