Covid 19 - how long will the public tolerate a lockdown?

Imagine the scene...
Easter weekend;
Four days of (potentially) warm and sunny weather.
People locked down in their houses. Can't go out.
TV News channels with their endless repetition and speculation.
Figures of people affected by Covid19, not really showing any particular trend (up or down).
Government not coming up with any sort of exit strategy for the lockdown.
Financial and economic factors beginning to bite...

I can't see the public putting up with it much longer than the weekend after Easter tbh.
Thats up to them, anyone with half a brain will carry on taking measures to protect themselves and loved ones

Beach full of sand and plod fills his helmet up with water. Bwahahaha.
Don't think it was his helmet, he handed something to another bloke after he'd poured it on - and it was a pebbly beach.

Morning @Effendi,
I did ask 2 genuine questons on one of the many Covid threads last week, if there had been an increase in certain crime rates due to this. The other question was if people thought there might be another baby-boom era due to lockdown boredom.
No reply as yet. Maybe I should have posted on all the Covid threads but there's too many
Social distancing has made it rather tricky to be a pickpocket at the moment...

Human Rights have not been infringed, that’s just a typical go to of an offended person.

I give it two more warm weekends before people break like a warm Kit Kat, mass ignorance of the law will start in London and spread from there.

Yokel

LE
Can't help but think that the water fairies should be sent to seafronts and play their hoses over idiots like this pair. Save the old Bill the effort.

I wonder if an anti riot version of something like a Super Soaker would be possible? Use compressed air to fire say 100ml of water at high speed - splat. Not totally unlike the use of water disruptive to break up Improvised Explosive Devices, but slower as we are trying to keep it not lethal.

Perhaps a baton round which is hollow and full of water. Maybe dye as well?

Human Rights have not been infringed, that’s just a typical go to of an offended person.

I give it two more warm weekends before people break like a warm Kit Kat, mass ignorance of the law will start in London and spread from there.
Dad recommends lines of men with a Lee Enfield rifle (the RN still had them in the sixties) and a fixed bayonet.

I wonder if an anti riot version of something like a Super Soaker would be possible? Use compressed air to fire say 100ml of water at high speed - splat. Not totally unlike the use of water disruptive to break up Improvised Explosive Devices, but slower as we are trying to keep it not lethal.

Perhaps a baton round which is hollow and full of water. Maybe dye as well?
Er - it is called a water cannon. You remember, those things that Boris bought whilst Mayor of London and was then f*cked off at the high port by the then Home Secretary, one T May.

Latest Threads