Covert Humint | SRR | Security | Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by REMFQuestions, Mar 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a quick shifty at the news before cocoa and bed and had to post a link here

Everyone gets both barrels it seems from guards without ammo to North Face types who protect 'sources' more than 'people'.
  2. i find it strange that the guy in the article seems to rate convening a Service Inquiry as more important than gaining a conviction of the terrorists responsible. he doesn't seem to comprehend the concept of sub judice, nor accept that convening an inquiry would prejudice the trial.

anyway, happy for general responses about the article, so long as everyone confines their comments on the basis that the case is sub judice.

by the way - that's a really bone title for a thread... :roll:
  3. To be honest, a visible minority of soldiers in NI will never take the sy threat seriously. Within days of the 2 sappers being murdered, it wasn't hard to find soldiers in uniform monging around carrying on like nothing had happened.

I'd suggest that seniors and older soldiers are struggling to impress upon the younger soldiers (who might have been toddlers when the GFA was signed) that the threat is real and never going away. How do you explain to a Commonwealth/Fijian/Ghurka/17 year old born in the UK that people used to obsessively conceal their connection to the Armed Forces, check under their cars and create cover stories for certain situations?
  4. It's not bone - it's just the search/keywords that The Times have clearly shoehorned into their article. Don't hate the player - hate the game
  5. They could have used the search words "rubber underpants", you wouldn't have to use them as the thread title.
  6. But they didn't. So what's your point? My thread. My title.
  7. My point is that your response wasn't really a relevant defence to the criticism of the title.
  8. The title sums up everything that The Times talked about. Not really sure why people are getting a hard on over it. Bone = Useless. I think the title is extremely apt :D
  9. You're very defensive about "your" threads aren't you?
  10. You still stalking me? :D This is awesome. You really are without a life :D haha
  11. I've got an enormous hard on but still don't see why you could not have used the headline from the article rather than flagging up the thread for every Walt in a thousand miles! :?
  12. Fair one - I couldn't resist Walting it just a little bit!
  13. I don't know what all the fuss is about, in a few weeks Mick smith or similar will have this all mapped ount in the news review as nothing more than a routine intelligence failure.

As to the unacceptable face of HUMINT: In another part of space and time, many, many light years away. Two FINCOS were say in a green hut about to tuck n to their morning sausage and egg soda.

With no regard for the human rights of colleagues, or the detainees down the yard, one renegade FINCO was seen to put mustard on his soda instead of Brown Sauce !
    (according a recent allegation / denunciation made to the HIT)

Further allegations under investigation include that military personnel were complicit in one of two sausages being removed from prisioner's morning sodas by an RUC / Loyalist breakfast hit squad !!1

Only now can the truth be told!!

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
  14. Who the fvck are you and what are you blathering on about? Get lost wobblehead - go find SAM threat to bug the CoC with.
  15. OK, lets put this into context, our government is doing its best to downplay the very real threat of DR terrorism, the so called peace process is just a continuation of the usual spin.

A lot of very talented boyos have migrated to the DR's and the government is burying its head ostrich like in the sand to maintain the mirage of "Normalisation".

The threat is severe and growing worse with each passing day.