Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill

Does the Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill (Criminal Conduct) mean Britain is a Police State?

• Total voters

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Thank-you all for your input, confirming what I already knew

There's not a single argument for the bill that's been put forward that I couldn't piss all over. Obviously that's not changed the outcome today but I still take some comfort in that fact.

Polyester

War Hero

There's not a single argument for the bill that's been put forward that I couldn't piss all over. Obviously that's not changed the outcome today but I still take some comfort in that fact.
Just to be clear; you take some comfort from the fact that you believe your opinion trumps some people’s opinions on the internet? Time for a cerebral reset my mental amigo.

You must be aware (As it is already in the public domain) that there is huge oversight on intelligence gathering? Don’t sweat it. Go walk the dog or something. It’s better for you than imagining people getting murdered on the states authority.

Try rubbing some of this on, you irritating cünt.

1602785403869.png

eyehave

War Hero

Aw come on Poppycock please answer my question in post 19 before you go
Should the UK ditch RIPA 2000 in its entirety and revert to unregulated ‘surveillance’ in all its forms?

My support for the bill is based on the A in MAC-P, can you piss all over that?

There's not a single argument for the bill that's been put forward that I couldn't piss all over.
But you haven't though, have you?

The final step? Really! Would you care to outline why you think Britain becoming a near Police state? Can you have a Police state if you have elections and a free media?

Alleged - by conspiracy theorists.

Some are secret not even the staff members know they exist! Deep deep undercover!

That will never catch on. Next people will suggest laws to regulate the intelligence services.
Hmmmm....you will have to define 'Elections' and a 'Free Media' but undoubtedly there are no midnight door knockers, who drag you off to a dank cell, where they 'interview' you 'uncomfortably' and definitely without coffee, for the purpose of 'snitching' on your neighbour, who tipped them off in the first place.....I hope?.........

From memory it was about complying with human rights law - European Convention on Human Rights.
I wasn't aware the ECHR was part of the European Union. Isn't that the European Court of Justice. The ECHR was incepted after WW2 and is an International body, wasn't it?......

But if Corbyn had become PM, imagine what he could have done with the likes of the civil contingencies powers

It would have been the nearest to a police state that the UK has ever seen
So an avowed pacifist, who is a campaigner for increased civil liberties is really just a repressive? well I never.......

Slime

LE
Can I be the first to say it was nice knowing you Poppycock.

To everyone else, as we live in a police state it’s obvious that Poppycock will now have had a knock at the door and either been killed or locked up by state actors.

It was of course very brave of Poppycock to post for a short time at such risk.

Polyester

War Hero
Can I be the first to say it was nice knowing you Poppycock.

To everyone else, as we live in a police state it’s obvious that Poppycock will now have had a knock at the door and either been killed or locked up by state actors.

It was of course very brave of Poppycock to post for a short time at such risk.
I wonder how they’ll off him? I reckon the candle stick.

Slime

LE
I'm willing to ignore all the details of this bill just to trough popcorn whilst Skeir helps to eject more cranks from the Labour Party.

If that means the streets are crammed with undercover agents delivering extra-judicial bummings to miscreants, then so be it.

Slime

LE
Could Poppycock be having a ‘night out’ like this chap?
He has criticised the state after all :)

Latest Threads