Cover for Garmin 101

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Purple_Emperor, Jan 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a Garmin 101 foretrex which is a fantastic bit of kit for sandy places. Unfortunately I've lost the pin which holds it to the strap and it is now held together by reams of sniper tape.

Does anyone know where I can get a. a cover to prevent this happening again and/or b. new pins to replace to lost one.

(I know they are on issue now but i took my own private one out and the SQMS is being decidedly unhelpful)

2. Try these guys - www.soloint.co.uk

They do a Foretrex wrist cover, which also coverts to a MOLLE-type pouch, allowing you to strap the GPS to your body armour if you don't want it on your wrist.

3. Aqua pack do a waterproof cover for GPS even works under water

4. Was just about to mention the SoloInt store. Popped in today actually, and it's not your typical Army Surplus store. It's got alot of inventive, and inivative stuff. Not much to my liking to be honest. (All looks a bit too much like American Kit). However I'm aware they are supplying these GPS pouches, (among a few other products), to special forces.

5. rather than solo go to jay jays - his fit better and are a 3rd of the price.