Coventry Climax  Godiva Trailer Fire Pump FF500 (5) (Custom).jpg

Coventry Climax  Godiva Trailer Fire Pump FF500 (6) (Custom).jpg

Coventry Climax  Godiva Trailer Fire Pump FF500 (7) (Custom).jpg

daz

LE
Coventry Climax  Godiva Trailer Fire Pump FF500 (8) (Custom).jpg

Coventry Climax  Godiva Trailer Fire Pump FF500 (9) (Custom).jpg

Coventry Climax  Godiva Trailer Fire Pump FF500 (10) (Custom).jpg

When i started at Kineton one of the old boys on the fire station told me about exercises they had in the depots with the AFS green godsess convoys, in the 60s .when i'd left they had the high volume pump unit convoys in using the lake about 2005 threats changing over time

Diko

Clanker
Is the fire pump engine the same which powered the Hillman Imp range of motor cars in the ‘60s and ‘70s?

The later ones were the racing derivative, known as light portable pumps because it was a 4 man lift.
Godiva-Coventry-Climax-Fire-Pump-LPP.jpg

Is the fire pump engine the same which powered the Hillman Imp range of motor cars in the ‘60s and ‘70s?
Not quite. The Godiva pump engine was the FW (for Featherweight), later designated FWP (pump). It was used in the Lotus Elite and other 50s racers and was IIRC 1460 cc

The Imp engine was the a derivative of the FWM, a far smaller displacement (650cc) fire pump engine; the engine in the man portable pump.

To confuse matters, there was also a Godiva engine, a 2.5l F1 engine which had no direct connection to either fire pump engine.

Latest Threads