Coventry City - Cheap Tickets For HM Forces

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by AllesUberDerPlatz, Nov 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's not often I'm proud of my club and have much to shout about, but once in a while they do something right. I don't know if other professional clubs give forces discounts, I was just chuffed to see this and needed to tell someone.

From the CCFC website (my bold):
    This weekend's match between Coventry City and Crystal Palace
    will have a poignant Remembrance flavour as the Sky Blues mark
    the 90th anniversary of the Armistice - the end of World War I. Poppies will be available for supporters to buy before kick-off and Coventry players will also be wearing an embroidered poppy on arm bands made specially for the occasion.
    A six-foot poppy will be placed on the centre spot before kick-off and a one-minute silence will be observed in memory of those who have lost their lives in the service of their country.
    Alan Mallett, county manager, Warwickshire Royal British Legion, said: "We ask people to support this match and give generously to the Poppy Appeal throughout this time of remembrance."
    In keeping with the commemorations, Coventry City Football Club are also launching a new scheme that will see those serving in the forces benefit from reduced price tickets to matches at the Ricoh Arena. Upon production of a valid Armed Forces ID, service personnel will be entitled to a concession ticket price of between £11 and £12.50.
    Nathan Kosky, commercial director of Coventry City Football Club said: "We are proud to be able to show our respect for serving troops, and giving concessions on match-days is something I hope encourages our fans in the armed forces to come to the Ricoh when they can."

Okay, so we may be sh!te, but its better to watch it half price!

2. no offence but the city cant even give there tickets away let alone sell em!

3. Agreed, but I'm sure AllesUberDerPlatz will join me in battering you silly for defaming the mighty sky blues. All down Far Gosford Street to the Beer Engine?