Court Mounted Medals

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Busterdog, Oct 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a reputable firm to court mount a group of medals?
  2. Windsor Medal Mounting Services - very good service by post. Check around as the prices vary considerably!

PM me for email or look in the back of Soldier for their advert.
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

EC Snaith in Denbeigh, regimental tailors.

Superb people, very good service and good pricing.

very good, very reasonable, very quick, same day turn around.
    £4.50 per medal plus £4 P&P.
  5. If all you want them is court mounting have you tried the tailor that normally attends most clothing stores? Got mine done by the local tailors in Germany, NI, Woolwich and Middle Wallop and all did a fine job. Worked for original medals and miniatures and no chance of getting lost in the post etc.

Last lot I had done was at Middle Wallop maybe 3-4 years ago and he charged £5 per medal. Just a thought!
  6. For a pick up or post?, whats your LOC?
  7. Thanks for the info'.
  8. If you are in the South of England, the Master Tailor at RMAS is very good indeed. He is also far cheaper than all those firms advertised in Soldier Magazine. Last time I checked, he was charging 5 pounds per gong or 4 pounds if you have five or more. I don't think you'll find 'em much cheaper.
  9. Thanks for the advice everyone. Decided to go for barbs recommendation 'Raymond Holditch' who quoted GBP100. +GBP6. p&p., for court mounting 11 medals (my father's I hasten to add) the quick turn around of 4 days was the deciding factor. I'll let you know the quality of the finished product when the old boy gets them back.
    Thanks again.
  10. should have gone with, £4.50 a medal, £4.50 P&P, same day turn around.
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Had mine done by Holditch - first rate job and very quick.
  12. My father was delighted with Holditch's service and the excellent finished product. Thanks again to you all for the sound recommendation.

13. If anyone is in the Tidworth Wiltshire area I do court mounting for £3.50 per medal regardless the size miniature or large. Due to open on Tidworth camp 2nd November 05.