Court Martial

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by J_D, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. J_D

J_D LE

I have to attend a court martial this year. Being a civvy now from after all this happened to the "accused" I just wondered a few things.

I know I'll get a travel warrent but would the amred forces pay for a hotel etc?
  2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Its dependant upon your role within the "Court Martial". If a material witness yes would be the answer. Also depends on the type of CM you are attending, if it is a GCM it will last longer than a DCM. Hope this helps.
  3. Why don't you ask them?
    Instead of posting that sort of stuff on here. Unless you want everyone to know you're going to a court martial so that they'll ask you lots of questions and you'll feel special.
  4. J_D

J_D LE

A_team STFU.

its only a few days but i ain't going to say more.

And i would ask the navy if the feckers answered a phone.

So if your a main witness you'd get accomodation paid etc?

Thanks for your help.
  5. I'd get "A Few Good Men" out on DVD so you can get your

"You can't handle the Truth!"

speech of to pat.

On no account use the terms

Yeah but
    No but
    Shut up!
    You know
    Don't know nothing
  6. J_D

J_D LE

"dunno nothing guv, honest!!"

so thats out the question in a court room??
  7. With any luck you'll be found guilty of contempt of court (no real reason required, even judges don't like gwars) and they'll give you free accommodation for years...........
  8. J_D

J_D LE

1) i ain't up on trial

2) please no digs on this decent forum, you wanna make a dig do it in naafi or pm thanks
  9. Well free 'at the point of use' anyway. The rest of us would be paying for it of course.

Actually, I'm beginning to relax about the amount of tax I pay just typing this...
  10. J_D

J_D LE

rest of us? tax payers, well i pay tax so i am paying for it too. don't start spouting about that. Is old news
  11. Hahaha

anya, I cant quote chapter and verse, but I believe the responsibility for reasonable witness expenses normally lies with the side which calls you.

It probably didnt occur to whoever sent out the summons that despite having been in the service at the time, you are now a civvy. If they cant answer their phone, drop them a line and keep a copy.
  12. J_D

J_D LE

I thought when i was in the military that the writers were unreliable, ok so the military full stop is like that and takes time. But now from a civvy view bugegr me how does the military get anything done at all?