Court Martial Thread Locked - 506 pages 555k Views

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most interesting and informative threads on ARRSE over the last year kicked to the kerb because of handbags. Any chance the MODs could just eject the miscreant(s) and reopen the thread?

One of the most interesting and informative threads on ARRSE over the last year kicked to the kerb because of handbags. Any chance the MODs could just eject the miscreant(s) and reopen the thread?
It isn't as if there aren't anymore Court Martials in the Army is it. As far as I know CEA hasn't been abolished.

Stacker, one of the doyens of the site, selected as one of the judges for SPOTY, crayoning: say it isn't so!

Stacker, one of the doyens of the site, selected as one of the judges for SPOTY, crayoning: say it isn't so!
I believe he was swinging at four or more at last count.

Ceser Romero

Old-Salt
Site issues would have been the best place for this perhaps?

An interesting thread, shame it's gone.

A simple thread ban for those who derailed it would have sufficed I reckon.

It's a common problem across the site, probably half a dozen poster/socks derail any decent thread with endless crayoning across it.

I'm not a tech wizard by any stretch, but can't these dribblers just be perma banned?

Polite request for a mod comment on the above?

There have been other threads totally locked due to the actions of 2 or 3 posters.

I would like to know in what circumstances is is decided that it is not suitable to ban those posters from the thread while the thread continues. If this has all been explained before apologies but I and others may have missed that.

Not a mod bait and I appreciate, or assume, that sometimes these things are judgment calls (fair enough) but again, why not ban the individuals and keep certain threads running please?

Regards

SB

It may come back, sometimes the mods lock threads pending a clear up then unlock it once they’ve sorted the mess out.

After a recent chat with a mod, the ballache of cleaning is never ending

It’s a lot of thankless unseen behind the scenes work
Fair play to them, for moderating

Site issues would have been the best place for this perhaps?

An interesting thread, shame it's gone.

A simple thread ban for those who derailed it would have sufficed I reckon.
I put it in the same forum as the original in the hope that a mod would spark to life.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT

Both OldBaldy and I had deleted a large number of posts in that particular thread, on the last occasion I posted a friendly warning.

This time around it would have involved a fair few pages of going back through it to remove "offending" posts, along with any quotes etc. It is achievable of course, but there are considerations:

Is the original post still current?
Have those arguing, toned it down?
Is locking the thread going to cause any harm?
Is the thread still serving its main purpose?

I answered "no" to all of those.

I understand it was there for future GCM discussions etc, but for the time being there was very little relevant discussion and heavily outweighed by the sheer amount of playground insults.

That being said, next time there I'd a high profile GCM / DCM feel free to start a new (and more current) thread about it?

At that point, if any members should use it to continue their personal grievances, they will be banned.

Hope that explanation helps.

Edit:

@postman_tw@t I've cleaned that thread and it's now unlocked again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads