Courses in the reserves?

Sam312

Crow
I intend to do the reserves at uni and then go to Sandhurst once I finish. My question is what courses are available to me while In the reserves? More focused on courses that aren’t compulsory

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I intend to do the reserves at uni and then go to Sandhurst once I finish. My question is what courses are available to me while In the reserves? More focused on courses that aren’t compulsory
Context is key. What branch? What are your future interests? What do you enjoy? etc

ugly

LE
I would suspect it depends upon your unit, role and C of C. If they need an underwater basket weaving dolphin trainer to do a knife knitting course then if you can get the time off and it doesn't interfere with your training then maybe just maybe you can hire the A Team.
Please do not get a course which requires you to collect a badge on a parade if you haven't passed the marching about course yet please. Its awfully embarrassing!

Sam312

Crow
Context is key. What branch? What are your future interests? What do you enjoy? etc
I’m looking at the infantry for the reserves but I know how competitive it is to go in as an officer so I’m keeping My options open, but to be honest I’m up for any and all courses if possible

ugly

LE
I’m looking at the infantry for the reserves but I know how competitive it is to go in as an officer so I’m keeping My options open, but to be honest I’m up for any and all courses if possible
To be honest getting the courses to coincide with your free time may be hard enough for the basics! That said what’s the role of your intended AR unit? If it’s a support company unit it may be that courses and cadres come quicker

Latest Threads