Courses available after phase 2

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Quickfix, May 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm planning on joining the Royal Signals as either a comms sys op or engr. I was wondering what kind of courses I might have available to me upon completion of phase 2 training and throughout my career? I've heard everyone(?) can do All Arms Commando or Para but other than that the subject seems blurry.

2. Any course the CoC supports your application for.

Don't ask me for a list there are thousands, but here's some to get you started

Trade (Phase 2/3) Training - British Army Website

Whilst admirable your thinking of your future, do you not think that you have a couple of hurdles to jump first
  3. Thanks for the link!

Oh absolutely. I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible on what's available further down the line. After all, phase 1 and 2 will only take around a year of what could be a very long career.
  4. Once you leave Phase 2 training, you should probably spend the first year at your first unit knuckling down and learning your trade. By all means let your CoC know that you're interested in doing those courses though, as long as you're not a dick and have a good work ethic they'll support your applications.