Course Ideas....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Jan 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been told my place on BCCS Course in a couple of weeks time has been lost due to someone with higher priority needing it....

Need to find a 2 week course in feb. as I've arrange work cover and I'll loose vacation as i have to take it in first Qtr?

Army Knitting Cse anyone?

I think I'll do CIC!!!!!!!
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

BATSIM supervisor?

Or alternatively, call Brecon and arrange to go as a travelling reserve on your originally booked course. Odds on someone will jack and not turn up, or turn up without the required paperwork etc and RTU.
  3. No such thing as travelling reserve anymore apparently.
  4. Ask your S/PSI for the courses handbook but bearing in mind it will be quite short notice.
  5. bibo_boy,

Have you thought about doing a CMT3 (used to be called RMA) course? Whilst CMT is an RAMC trade it is open to the Infantry as a qual as well. In fact I think you are supposed to have one CMT qualed bod per platoon.

It is a great course and defo worthwhile. Needless to say it is a very good qual to have when you go on Ops. Call up (or more likely get your SPSI to call up) Keogh Barracks in Aldershot for course details.
  6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

So maybe you should've opted for that PTI course instead! :D

I'd endorse the comment above about CMT3 if it's available or a MAPRIC course if you can get on one.
  7. get up them hills RP!
  8. Blandford runs an EW course.
  9. Army Knitting? Poof! you want to get your arrse onto the All Arms Tactical Crochet Course...only the Long Army Darning Course comes close in terms of arduousness. Yankee patch or Dutch patch! Ha ha the old course joke eh, best wishes to all members of LADC 01/88!
  10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Just going now!
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If that is the case, it is madness. I have never, ever, attended a course where everyone who was booked to attend actually showed up. Typically as many as 10% non-attenders.
  12. Cheers All.

Thanks RP.... not allowed on PTI's!!!!! I told you :)
  13. msr

msr LE

There must be something available to fit that gap. I am sure a pro-active PSI would have no dramas ;)
  14. AA ESO Cse is always full and was a fricking nightmare to get on.

Still a great course though
  15. Yep just tell them you are available for two weeks. Must be something going on somewhere. Mending cam nets or cleaning weapons for the inspection :)