Course Ideas....

#1
Just been told my place on BCCS Course in a couple of weeks time has been lost due to someone with higher priority needing it....

Need to find a 2 week course in feb. as I've arrange work cover and I'll loose vacation as i have to take it in first Qtr?

Army Knitting Cse anyone?

P.S.

I think I'll do CIC!!!!!!!
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#2
RMQ/TALFTT?
RMA?
BATSIM supervisor?
RM/LPC?

Or alternatively, call Brecon and arrange to go as a travelling reserve on your originally booked course. Odds on someone will jack and not turn up, or turn up without the required paperwork etc and RTU.
 
#5
bibo_boy,

Have you thought about doing a CMT3 (used to be called RMA) course? Whilst CMT is an RAMC trade it is open to the Infantry as a qual as well. In fact I think you are supposed to have one CMT qualed bod per platoon.

It is a great course and defo worthwhile. Needless to say it is a very good qual to have when you go on Ops. Call up (or more likely get your SPSI to call up) Keogh Barracks in Aldershot for course details.
 

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
bibo_boy said:
Just been told my place on BCCS Course in a couple of weeks time has been lost due to someone with higher priority needing it....

Need to find a 2 week course in feb. as I've arrange work cover and I'll loose vacation as i have to take it in first Qtr?

Army Knitting Cse anyone?

P.S.

I think I'll do CIC!!!!!!!
So maybe you should've opted for that PTI course instead! :D

I'd endorse the comment above about CMT3 if it's available or a MAPRIC course if you can get on one.
 
#9
Army Knitting? Poof! you want to get your arrse onto the All Arms Tactical Crochet Course...only the Long Army Darning Course comes close in terms of arduousness. Yankee patch or Dutch patch! Ha ha the old course joke eh, best wishes to all members of LADC 01/88!
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#11
px4llp said:
No such thing as travelling reserve anymore apparently.
If that is the case, it is madness. I have never, ever, attended a course where everyone who was booked to attend actually showed up. Typically as many as 10% non-attenders.
 
#13
There must be something available to fit that gap. I am sure a pro-active PSI would have no dramas ;)
 
#14
AA ESO Cse is always full and was a fricking nightmare to get on.

Still a great course though
 
#15
msr said:
There must be something available to fit that gap. I am sure a pro-active PSI would have no dramas ;)
Yep just tell them you are available for two weeks. Must be something going on somewhere. Mending cam nets or cleaning weapons for the inspection :)
 
#16
Bibo

CMCQ/RMQ/DCCT course is running at 160 Bde RTC in March if that's any good to you Min Rank requirement is Cpl for the full course.
 
#17
Taffnp said:
msr said:
There must be something available to fit that gap. I am sure a pro-active PSI would have no dramas ;)
Yep just tell them you are available for two weeks. Must be something going on somewhere. Mending cam nets or cleaning weapons for the inspection :)
How is retention at your unit?
 
#18
The_Duke said:
px4llp said:
No such thing as travelling reserve anymore apparently.
If that is the case, it is madness. I have never, ever, attended a course where everyone who was booked to attend actually showed up. Typically as many as 10% non-attenders.

Ditto Duke i concur but ive just had to bump a lad off Juniors because of the no travelling reserve rule....
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#19
px4llp said:
The_Duke said:
px4llp said:
No such thing as travelling reserve anymore apparently.
If that is the case, it is madness. I have never, ever, attended a course where everyone who was booked to attend actually showed up. Typically as many as 10% non-attenders.

Ditto Duke i concur but ive just had to bump a lad off Juniors because of the no travelling reserve rule....
Arrse
 
#20
msr said:
There must be something available to fit that gap. I am sure a pro-active PSI would have no dramas ;)
Again, i concur. Ask your PSI to dig out the course book!
What about ASLS?
Is it a bounty qualifier you need?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StabTiffy2B Army Reserve 20
GunsaBlazin The Intelligence Cell 1
F The Intelligence Cell 24

Similar threads

Top