COURSE CANCELLED!!

Was emailed today, not telephoned or even sent a letter but an email to tell me my part 1b course had been cancelled. Not you would think a major problem but as i had to beg to get the time off work it really throws a spanner in the works. The fact that part 1a was also changed i am now very angry to say the least. Now it looks like i wont get to finish my basic till about July 08, i signed up in august 07 and never thought it could take this long. I just can not believe how angry about i am, i am foo king well tossed off!!! Anyway thought i would share that with you all, maybe i can get some sleep now. Just so foo king angry....

Anyway rant over, tomorrow is another day :roll:

I was told that if a certain amount of people cannot attend they cannot do the part 1b this could be the case with you.

Hey darbs,

Are you angry?

If I was you I would tell your work you had a long hard think about going on a course with the TA, and being a company man, you decided not to go. Then your boss might think "good on him, theres a man for promotion" then again he might think "bloody hell, we arranged that time off for him and now he doesnt want it, P45 in his xmas card I think".

There must be another Part 1B in another Bde area you can attend.

msr

We're running a 'Winter Challenge' in Feb if you can get on it 10 days to complete 1b seperate programmes for OA&S and Inf. I may be worth looking into

msr said:
There must be another Part 1B in another Bde area you can attend.

msr
I asked that, said they would try and find out for me. Part that makes me angry is the fact that when i did BOTH parts of 1A there were people that didn't show, asswipes prob didn't even call to say they wasn't going to show.

When you have been in for 20-odd years, (and most of them will be very odd indeed), you will look back and think it was worth the wait!

Nishka

Unless a miracle happens i have decided to accept defeat, which is really annoying and difficult for me. I joined the TA not for the extra cash but because i wanted to play my part in supporting the regs on there deployments. The British Armed Forces are the best in the world, i wanted to be part of that, in fact i would would risk my life any day for these guys. I have never felt so dissapointed and let down in my life as i do now, maybe if i stole cars, broke into people's houses and sponged of the state i would be more happy and appreciated by this country, but somehow i doubt it. I just can not be arrsed in waiting months and months to do a course which should be so simple. Yes i am still very annoyed.

Just out of interest, you say you were emailed not called or anything..

I take it you have updated all your contact details on your JPA? That is your responsibility now you know ;)

darbs said:
maybe if i stole cars, broke into people's houses and sponged of the state i would be more happy and appreciated by this country,
You would have a whole raft of people come to help you, check your feelings, ensure your rights were not being infringed and probably offering to send you on a foreign holiday to assist with developing your perspective.

msr

Mongoose said:
Just out of interest, you say you were emailed not called or anything..

I take it you have updated all your contact details on your JPA? That is your responsibility now you know ;)
yep, been upto date since september. I know my responsibilitys.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Where was it being run? Fairly certain there's one running at Grantham 26th January-3rd Feb.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BuggerAll Army Reserve 7
msr Army Reserve 22
S RLC 0