Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by darbs, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was emailed today, not telephoned or even sent a letter but an email to tell me my part 1b course had been cancelled. Not you would think a major problem but as i had to beg to get the time off work it really throws a spanner in the works. The fact that part 1a was also changed i am now very angry to say the least. Now it looks like i wont get to finish my basic till about July 08, i signed up in august 07 and never thought it could take this long. I just can not believe how angry about i am, i am foo king well tossed off!!! Anyway thought i would share that with you all, maybe i can get some sleep now. Just so foo king angry....

Anyway rant over, tomorrow is another day :roll:
  2. I was told that if a certain amount of people cannot attend they cannot do the part 1b this could be the case with you.
  3. Hey darbs,

Are you angry?
  4. If I was you I would tell your work you had a long hard think about going on a course with the TA, and being a company man, you decided not to go. Then your boss might think "good on him, theres a man for promotion" then again he might think "bloody hell, we arranged that time off for him and now he doesnt want it, P45 in his xmas card I think".
  5. msr

msr LE

There must be another Part 1B in another Bde area you can attend.

6. I'm doing my third weekend of Part 1B starting tonight. We lost ten people out of the original 40 after the first weekend.
  7. We're running a 'Winter Challenge' in Feb if you can get on it 10 days to complete 1b seperate programmes for OA&S and Inf. I may be worth looking into
  8. I asked that, said they would try and find out for me. Part that makes me angry is the fact that when i did BOTH parts of 1A there were people that didn't show, asswipes prob didn't even call to say they wasn't going to show.
  9. PM me with some details please!
  10. erm yep.
  11. Unlucky mate keep your chin up
  12. When you have been in for 20-odd years, (and most of them will be very odd indeed), you will look back and think it was worth the wait!

13. Still no news :pissedoff:
  14. Unless a miracle happens i have decided to accept defeat, which is really annoying and difficult for me. I joined the TA not for the extra cash but because i wanted to play my part in supporting the regs on there deployments. The British Armed Forces are the best in the world, i wanted to be part of that, in fact i would would risk my life any day for these guys. I have never felt so dissapointed and let down in my life as i do now, maybe if i stole cars, broke into people's houses and sponged of the state i would be more happy and appreciated by this country, but somehow i doubt it. I just can not be arrsed in waiting months and months to do a course which should be so simple. Yes i am still very annoyed.
  15. Just out of interest, you say you were emailed not called or anything..

I take it you have updated all your contact details on your JPA? That is your responsibility now you know ;)