courageous restraint medal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bullet_catcher, May 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hell every time I see civvies I have to resist the urge to slot them... I must be owed hundreds of medals for my courageous restraint... and thats just when I'm on the p*ss!!
  2. My ironyometer shows no flicker at that article - I had to do a BITE test to check it was still working.

A medal for NOT engaging civilians? How on earth does someone write that citation?
  3. Oh come on, they just like keeping things fresh and imaginative. No citation required, it can sit beside the "Finding my way to the PX in the Dark" award. :)
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

What? A medal for doing your job correctly?

5. Much along the same lines of the note from a US high-up (possibly McCrystal, can't remember) that mentioned a 'redefinition of gallantry'. As ever a reasonable idea made to sound less so when reduced to soundbites
  6. A redefinition of gallantry or a guaranteed one way trip through Wooton Bassett?
  7. This isn't an American idea, it's British

Troops to be honoured for not firing

8. hmm couragous restraint

better to be tried by twelve than to be carried by six
  9. Am I the only one here who thinks this policy will actually ENCOURAGE the use of human shields by Terry once he gets wind of this policy?

LOAC states that the ones using Human Shileds are responsible for any subsequent civilian deaths. The f*cking media should report along those lines too... thats where the problem lies.
  10. Courageous restraint - what absolute bollocks!
  11. We've been doing it for years.. its called situational awareness.
  12. ...........
  13. I've done situational awareness - you just need to get your story straight before the gestapo move in.
  14. And kill any witnesses :evil: