Couple of TST questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by parabol, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've done a bit of research and apparently the TST is a multi-answer test, and you also have a calculator for it. I have the TST brief from my recruiter but it says nothing about a calculator.

I'm just wondering, if the test is completely calculator surely there is no need to revise long multiplication/division and things like that, as surely you'd just use the calculator for them questions. And if it's multi-choice answer, that means you don't have to show your working out.

Could anybody clarify a bit? Thanks.

2. Not all questions require a calculator, unless your a complete idiot.
    It is worht revising methods of division/multiplication etc. for fractions/decimals.
    Also freshen up on your Means/Modes etc.

3. Bit of algebra as well, good luck using a calc with that ;)

4. There are some at the selection centre

5. done this just a short while ago, YOU DO GET A CALCULATOR and a ruler, pencil rubber etc. but you don't need to use them! as previously mentioned a calculator won't help you with algebra so use your head and revise the things that you can't use a calc. for.

p.s. good luck mate

6. Sweet. And the test is completely multi-choice answer? So you don't have to show your working out, but just circle an answer right?

7. Well write the answer in a box (A B C D or E) yeh but some questions need working out so you get a scrap bit of paper

8. Cool, thanks for the help. Lets me refine my revision down a tad bit, algebra and fractions are of particular focus I think.

On my list is says to focus on:

- Fractions
    - Decimal Calculations
    - Directed Numbers and Brackets
    - Indicies
    - Symbolic Expressions
    - Algebraic Fractions and Factorisation
    - Algebraic Fractions
    - Ratios

9. Significant figures and trigonometry

10. Here's a tip I wish someone had told me. - All the questions are easy as long as you remember how to do them. So I would advise revising everything and knowing how to do everything as oppose to only revising a few topics but being good on them.

The test is basically 2-4 easy questions on each topic.