Couple of questions on the ADSC running.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Mordelly, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I have a couple of questions to ask in order to get a better idea of the running, because thats the only part of selection I'm at all weary of.

1.) Do you all run it together like marathon/race style or in small groups or something similar? I find it easier to run with people than alone for some strange reason.

2.) Is it at all possible to just think "I'll stick on the lads shoulder who's in the front" or does it not work like that? When I say stick on the shoulder I don't mean be lazy, I just mean, if there's one or two running like they've got rockets up their asses, if you just try to stick with them.

Straight-forward questions I know, but it'll put me ay ease to know the answers.

Thanks, Mordelly.

2. If they all ran together they would all get the same time 8O

Make sure you get to the finish line within your time and you will pass :lol:

I ain't been for the adsc yet but obvious stuff. Have you watched the training vid's? Check youtube as it shows you all about it on there search something like army selection :wink:

3. Ahh that's a good idea, Youtube.. never thought of that. :D

4. all the potential recruits do the mile and a half together. you're not supposed to run with anyone but they dont care. i stayed with the guy up front and i'l tell you it helped me a lot because it set the pace for the first lap or so. you've got to pace yourself round the cicuit.

what part of the army are you joining and what is your run time so far?

5. Hopefully joining as RLC Supplier, currently doing 2 miles in around 14 minutes give or take a few seconds here and there, but I haven't really been pushing myself as far as the running goes so far because I was told i was underweight so I've been working alot on upper body strength. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get it down to under 10 in the next couple of weeks. Do you know the run time for RLC?

Thanks.

6. my man you'll be fine. i dont think theres a set time however, stopping or walking is a no no! get your run time to about 10/11 mins anything else will help you further for when you start training.