County and Regional Affiliation for RAC, Infantry and RA

1st Bn was RNF
2nd Warwicks
3rd Royals
and the above mentioned 4th were the Lancs on the raising of the Regiment 50yrs ago today

Why in the name of God would a Geordie end up in the yorks? What an horrible thing to say
I'd read somewhere that Geordies were being diverted to The Duke o' Boots and then the Yorkshire Regiment and that RRF were relocating their recruiting area to east anglia (merry St Edmunds Greene King pisswater day eh?).
How much longer before the PoW's, RRF and Angle-Bangles are crowbarred into a single regiment?
I'll be overjoyed if what I've just said is a load of bolleux.

I drove through Larkhill the other day and there was a large sign displaying "32 Regt RA - The Wessex Gunners".
I started in 94 Loc Regt RA who were the Kent Gunners......disbanded in '93 under options for change. Two batteries merged, stayed in Larkers and became part of 32 Regt RA.
At that time 32 were the Cheshire and Merseyside Gunners.
Both regiments had many soldiers from their affiliated regions, but also from elsewhere.
I am not from Kent, Cheshire or Merseyside.
I thought 94 Loc Regt was the 'German' Gunners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not when I was there. 89-93. Definitely Kent. Regimental magazine was called Invicta, Kent's county motto or something. The white horse of Kent featured here and there. Most of my troop were from Kent.
94 had been in Germany, until 85ish, but then so had most of the Royal Regiment.

I'd read somewhere that Geordies were being diverted to The Duke o' Boots and then the Yorkshire Regiment and that RRF were relocating their recruiting area to east anglia (merry St Edmunds Greene King pisswater day eh?).
How much longer before the PoW's, RRF and Angle-Bangles are crowbarred into a single regiment?
I'll be overjoyed if what I've just said is a load of bolleux.
I really have no idea, the RRTT was in the region last week, huge St Georges Parade ( by modern standards ) in the City on Saturday, Regiment still has a massive footprint here

I really have no idea, the RRTT was in the region last week, huge St Georges Parade ( by modern standards ) in the City on Saturday, Regiment still has a massive footprint here
Good, but I wonder what's in store given that RRF has only one regular battalion now.

Good, but I wonder what's in store given that RRF has only one regular battalion now.
I shudder to think mate, I really do, I was 6th bn back then there were 5 fully manned Bns, 3 reg 2 TA, now theres the 1st Bn, and the 5th Bn, who appear to be a massive TA unit consisting of a lot of cap badges all bunged together and called Fusilier Companys

Not when I was there. 89-93. Definitely Kent. Regimental magazine was called Invicta, Kent's county motto or something. The white horse of Kent featured here and there. Most of my troop were from Kent.
94 had been in Germany, until 85ish, but then so had most of the Royal Regiment.
IIRC they'd certainly been in Germany a long time before the move back...

I enlisted in 1RTR in 1980, and was issued with a little welcome booklet aimed at all RAC recruits giving a little bit of blurb about what to bring with you, what not to bring with you and so on.
It also gave details of recruiting areas down to specific towns to an almost Mafia like degree of carving up territory-yes 1RTR had a lot of Merseyside and the north west, but also Leeds and Blackburn, whilst the 14/20th Hussars who also , as I recall recruited from the same area, had a similar list of towns.
Of the four 1RTR recruits in my intake, we had one scouser, one from Durham, third from Bucks and the last was an heir apparent to some Scottish Island or other.
It was a bit of a mystery.

I enlisted in 1RTR in 1980, and was issued with a little welcome booklet aimed at all RAC recruits giving a little bit of blurb about what to bring with you, what not to bring with you and so on.
It also gave details of recruiting areas down to specific towns to an almost Mafia like degree of carving up territory-yes 1RTR had a lot of Merseyside and the north west, but also Leeds and Blackburn, whilst the 14/20th Hussars who also , as I recall recruited from the same area, had a similar list of towns.
Of the four 1RTR recruits in my intake, we had one scouser, one from Durham, third from Bucks and the last was an heir apparent to some Scottish Island or other.
It was a bit of a mystery.
You mean this .... (1991 prior to Options)

Attachments

While we are at it, does anyone have something similar for RA prior to Options ?
During my time in Catterick (92-94), 22 (AD) Regt were on our patch down at Kirton-in-Lindsay and I think they were The Welsh Gunners. As an aside there was a Light Gun regiment (19 I think) in Topcliffe at the same time and they were Jocks, but I can't remember whether they were The Highland Gunners or The Lowland Gunners.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tartan_Terrier The NAAFI Bar 4
L ACF 12
5.56mm ACF 1