Countryfile on BBC1 - 05 Jul 09

Last Sunday's Countryfile featured 2RTR firing their CR2s on Castlemartin Ranges.

It was only a short clip and focussed on the wildlife but it reminded me of all the fun and the bad weather we had!

It will be on iPlayer.

Litotes

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hm. On 4 July I headed off to Welsh Wales isn't it for a spot of R&R. As we passed through the toll booths, I clocked a handful of CR2s on transporters. Tac signs suggested to me they were maily 2 Tp B Sqn but since I am not overly familiar with modern tac signs... Would I be right in guessing these were those 2RTR tanks returning home?

On the way back home on Saturday, I couldn't help but notice a bridge on the M4 somewhere near Cardiff IIRC had an 80 ton weight limit. Would I be right in thinking this is specifically because they don't like CR2s on transporters bunched up nose to tail on the bridge?

AlienFTM said:
Hm. On 4 July I headed off to Welsh Wales isn't it for a spot of R&R. As we passed through the toll booths, I clocked a handful of CR2s on transporters. Tac signs suggested to me they were maily 2 Tp B Sqn but since I am not overly familiar with modern tac signs... Would I be right in guessing these were those 2RTR tanks returning home?

On the way back home on Saturday, I couldn't help but notice a bridge on the M4 somewhere near Cardiff IIRC had an 80 ton weight limit. Would I be right in thinking this is specifically because they don't like CR2s on transporters bunched up nose to tail on the bridge?
AFTM if the c/s was in square then it would have been 6 Tp CYCLOPS! :wink:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
soprano54 said:
AlienFTM said:

It was in a square. In my day, that meant B Sqn but I understand you people have strange Squadron designations. ISTR 20 and 22 but I was concentrating in avoiding the cavalry charge as everybody coming out of the toll booths fought for the outside lane.

AlienFTM said:
soprano54 said:
AlienFTM said:

It was in a square. In my day, that meant B Sqn but I understand you people have strange Squadron designations. ISTR 20 and 22 but I was concentrating in avoiding the cavalry charge as everybody coming out of the toll booths fought for the outside lane.
Yeah tell me about it! :roll: Don't worry it confuses the fcuk out everyone else as well mate - 'I say is that A Sqn'? 'No it's BADGER' get the jist? CYCLOPS square, EGYPT circle, FALCON Rectangle and NERO diamond! :wink: