Countryfile Farmer

Countryfile have just interviewed a farmer who said that he had never heard of anyone having a problem with their SGC or FAC.

Where did they find this guy? Or where does he live - on the planet Zog!

The item started well enough pointing out that shooting was an integral part of the countryside and farming and even mentioned that our pistol shooter have to train abroad but ended with the journalist holding a shotgun calling it "one of these things".

The Beeb just cannot bring themselves to report shooting fairly, can they?

FFS! What did you expect? It is the BBC, after all... :-D

Funny thing about the BBC: Saville worked for them, Harris worked for them, Hall worked for them I wonder how many of the other people of interest in op yewtree and others worked for the BBC?
Good question! Certain types of personality tend to cluster!

Having said that I suppose this forum is a fair demonstration... :-D

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Ok what's this SGC and FAC mean?

I bet it's something obvious but I'm a tad hung over from last night and finding it hard to concentrate properly so please forgive my ignorance.

Countryfile have just interviewed a farmer who said that he had never heard of anyone having a problem with their SGC or FAC.

The item started well enough pointing out that shooting was an integral part of the countryside and farming and even mentioned that our pistol shooter have to train abroad but ended with the journalist holding a shotgun calling it "one of these things".

Oh,I don't know,

Looked balanced to me:
One bloke saying he is aware of people having problems with licenses, another bloke says PERSONALY he is not aware of people having problems with licences and the licence system is ADEQUATE

So perhaps he is right that he has not had problems getting a SGC and those he knows also have not
He was careful with his wording commenting on the licencing system

ugly

LE
Its shoite peddled by the BBC pretending to be impartial. Fools no one

Shot Gun Certificate. FireArm Certificate.

I live in the countryside and I could not make the statement that I PERSONALLY do not know people who have had a problem with licensing. FFS, the whole bloody county (Hampshire) had a problem in 2012 resulting in a Chief Super having to go to the BBC to apologise.

FAC SGC holders suffer incompetence and harassment at all turns in most counties which is why I am flabbergasted by that farmer,

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

303rifleman

Old-Salt
Hampshire submitted FAC variation 06 Apr, FEO Visit 22 May, Still waiting to get FAC Back. Apparently thay have improved. My brothers renewal 10 months.

ugly

LE
Yet the plod southern firearms group hold up Hamshire as a shining beacon in spite of the truth! Something to do with the acpo firearms licensing numpty being from hants no doubt! Should be renamed pants police! I dread the day surrey and sussex join forces with them!

Latest Threads