Country Life this week

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Lucretia, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

...has a very charming article, with lots of pictures, on the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, currently galloping about in Norfolk.

(and an article about keeping wallabies to mow one's lawns)

A snip at £3.20
  2. Better Wallabies on the lawn than those donkey wallopers.
  3. £3.20 for a wallaby? I just steal mine from Derbyshire...
  4. Fcukin' wallabies, I hit one on the drive up home a few months ago. The bloody things are everywhere!

(for those that don't know, wallabies are like short, fat kangaroos)
  5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I thought one normally ignored the rest and looked at the top toff totty page. Must be mistaken....oh well. carry On.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Here you go - keep the grass neat and make your Aussie neighbour's feel at home.
  7. It's rather nice that there are a few of the 'old' traditional things like this still allowed in today's army. But I worry that exposure like this might make an minor-civil-servant-bean-counter-type question their validity.

Some cracking photographs with one or two of them being almost typecast for silly caption competitions!

1. The shot of Captains Charlie Meredith-Hardy and Tari Mundawarara (? good old Anglo-Saxon name....) saluting to the right whilst jumping a fence in unison is a corker. Terrible salutes though - badly cocked wrists the pair of 'em.

2. The shot of the back of the 'Team Photo' is amusing too. The mounted chap on the right (of the picture) looks like he's holding a windsock instead of a lance or ensign.