Counterstrike: Source

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BrunoNoMedals, Dec 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Sorry if this thread exists, but I've not seen it in all my time on ARRSE and any search just brings up ALL of the posts by the user "counterstrike"!

Anyway, I ran out of stuff to play the other day and, twiddling my thumbs, remembered that courtesy of Steam I could reinstall CS:S without the need for the CD which I've lost. My skills are nowhere near what they were, but they're slowly coming back. The game's still popular enough, and there are plenty of decent servers about that don't get bunged up with cheaters or where 80% of the players use the AWM.

So, do any of you lot still play? Is there any interest in an ARRSE clan?

You'll find me on Steam as Bruxy, which is also my display name in-game.

2. It's a bugger that, isn't it??? :D
  3. I did the exact same thing last weekend. I was never any good in the first place though. I struggled to find any good servers playing normal maps on rotation
  4. BrunoNoMedals

Yeah, you pain in the arrse!

Linebacker: I've been sticking to a couple of cs_assault-only maps. It's a Marmite map - you either love it or hate it. Played properly it's brilliant, but with poor server setup and/or poor players it rapidly gets boring. The two I've found (which I'll get names/IPs for when I get home) are pretty good. Whatever you think of it, though, it's a good way to get your skills back up to scratch without the usual rush. Just go Terrorist and watch a door!
  5. You will find me as Ark-Angel. Try setting up your steam comunity page up as well its easier to find folks then. Usually found on an Assault server or a Dust2 or Office. Though i am trying to ween myself of and get into Team Fortress2

assault servers =

office severs =

Dust2 servers =

just go to your server list / faves and add these numbers to the add a server list. can be found lurking on one of these most weekends.
  6. On top of this, i used to play it ages ago and im intrested to start again.

Do i need to go out and buy the cd for cs source?

cheers catton
  7. BrunoNoMedals

If you've had CS:S in the past, that means you've paid up and you've registered on Steam. Download Steam again (it's like 1.5MB), install that, and it'll show you all the games you own. If they're not currently installed, you get the option to download them, for free, from the Steam servers. That's how I did it, and it was about 4GB with a good upload speed coming from the server.

Edited to add: Pray you can remember your original Steam login!
  8. CSS is a great game, good fun on a friday night used to love it, albeit the huge amount of hackers which is why i stopped playing it :(
  9. I can reccomend UKCS servers, they're some of the largest servers in europe

UKCS CSS#1

UKCS CSS#2

Server 1's a 62 man server, server 2 is a 46. I'm a regular on UKCS 2, you'll spot me as I use the same nick.

There are some custom maps granted, but the downloads don't take that long and its worth it as they almost always hugely populated. !'s more of a campathon, 2s a bit better. But be prepared, there are definatly some very good people on there who you'll no doubt scream hacker at, and some of those really good ones are Mods!
  10. Ahh I want to play it now :D Slight problem in that........
    1) I can't open up Steam as it says it can't find the Library.dll :?
    2) I can't really remember my login. :roll:
  11. same, its all the kids that cheat on CSS that ruin a good game, you have to play on a well policed server or some little hacky Tw*ty clears all your team out with head shots in the first min of round.

UKCS runs some good servers, theres mostly at least one admin in game and they run a tight ship.
    they have some popular Day Of Defeat servers too.

an ARRSE CSS clan?? sounds good.
  12. install steam and buy CSS online. (or hundreds of other games)
  13. Dr Stealth are you found on the UKCSS servers as DrStealth or a diff moniker
  14. Ill have a look at the link, an ARRSE clan sounds good to me, ill have to re-buy CSS i forgot my old steam account, and the associated email address so theres no way of recovering it...i dont think anyway.

Does UKCS run any PR 0.8 servers? If you have never heard of that before its a Reality/British Army mod for Battlefield 2, the best laugh ever as it is all completely based around communicating and working as teams and squads.

ABA is a clan for it but i dont fancy joining them again as they hardly ever play, you should probably get a clan up for PR its good.

15. Nope, no Battlefield 2 servers I'm afraid. Just CS, CSS, TF2 and DoD. There's a mod for source based games called Insurgency, its currently 2.1 build and just based on US marines vs Insurgents, however version 3 which their working on will introduce the Serbs and the British Army. Give it a look, all you need is a source based game like css or half life 2.

A game best played with friends though as you can't rely on the random public to try and back you up!