Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Countering The Challenge of Conspiracy Theories

Following on from my previous post, I was musing about slavery reparations whilst having a drink or two....

Expectation management is really important. Headline figures banded about by liberal & activist groups could potentially say that a “family” with slave ancestors are due $250k (representative figure).

What people will hear is “I’m owed $250k”. The actuality might be that we can assume a new generation of descendants with 3 offspring approximately every 20 years since the end of slavery. You are then looking at around 81 direct descendants. If payment is made to the oldest surviving direct family member, then granny and grandad could be due $3,086 (based on $250k\81).

If members of family branches became deceased without issue, what happens to their share, is it forfeited or distributed amongst the surviving siblings of their generation? Was there a will at the time that needs to be taken into account?

What about current generation where mum or granny or great granny were not related to slaves, but dad, grandpappy or great grandpappy had slave ancestors & skipped out on family, taking knowledge & evidence with him?

Furthermore, If I read it correctly, maybe only 81.5% of non white births have been registered historically in C20th. Exact % unimportant it’s just another example of the many issues that may cause problems proving direct lineage to slave ancestors and ensuring the right people get what if anything is due to them.
I'm waiting for the money to doled out, and the howls of anguish after the pittence in spent on flat screen tvs, trainers or whatever. Will it then be a case of "well you've been paid, will you now shut up"?

Spartak1st

Old-Salt
I'm waiting for the money to doled out, and the howls of anguish after the pittence in spent on flat screen tvs, trainers or whatever. Will it then be a case of "well you've been paid, will you now shut up"?
Don’t forget 30% will go to their “No Slave, No Fee” lawyer firms.

Drug dealers will do OK out of it.... “C’mom man, just a little extra to tide me over till my REP comes in.”

ipso_facto

War Hero
@Yokel It might be a good idea to do some research yourself rather than rely on Chatham House. Here's an analysis of Russell Brand (yes, I know of all people) trying to give his 'informed' opinion on the QAnon conspiracy. He thinks and reasons like a lot of uninformed people and that's why he's a good example. A salutary lesson on how NOT to carry out research.

@Yokel It might be a good idea to do some research yourself rather than rely on Chatham House. Here's an analysis of Russell Brand (yes, I know of all people) trying to give his 'informed' opinion on the QAnon conspiracy. He thinks and reasons like a lot of uninformed people and that's why he's a good example. A salutary lesson on how NOT to carry out research.

He is an arse, he is like Chris Martin without music.

I do find him amusing, but is no one I would ever quote as an example of anything about anything.

The only line of his I have borrowed is ‘mind bramble’ which I find apt for many halfwits I work with.

Stibbon

Old-Salt
Ironically, the MOD pushed out a notice to all last week, highlighting the dangers and the general threat to the service community posed by Dis, Mis & Mal Information only last week.

The anti vaccine movement which seems to appeal to less educated and more gullible cohorts of mainstream UK society is going to set back this country's ultimate recovery from Covid months, possibly years. :rolleyes:

Ritch

LE
Oh yes, you can see a 'lump of evil'. Just talk to people who have been victims of SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse).

Show me some people with credible evidence of this so called Satanic Ritual Abuse.

No, whackjob YouTube conspiracy channels don't count.

ipso_facto

War Hero
Ironically, the MOD pushed out a notice to all last week, highlighting the dangers and the general threat to the service community posed by Dis, Mis & Mal Information only last week.

The anti vaccine movement which seems to appeal to less educated and more gullible cohorts of mainstream UK society is going to set back this country's ultimate recovery from Covid months, possibly years. :rolleyes:

This Dis, Mis & Mal is by whose standard? They really must think people are stupid and can't make up their own mind without big daddy telling them what to think.

In my experience, the anti vaxers are more educated because they ask the right questions. Just Google 'front line health workers refusing the vaccine' and you'll get some interesting insights from around the world. This anxiety about the COVID vaccine, imho, is caused by two factors: the speed of the human trials by-passing animal trial and the new technology of mRNA vaccine (for some vaccines) which has never worked in animal studies.

God knows what the full picture of these vaccines are going to be in the future.

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
I don't have to show you anything. Do your own research.

Ahh, the standard reply of a certified Q believer.
You can't show me actual evidence of this supposed Satanic Ritual Torture or whatever the hell it's called.

Truth pill Dippy.

There are no Mole Children.
There are no DUMB's (Deep Underground Military Bases) where children are being held for torture and murder.
Q was an invention of the Watkins family.
You are a wibbling retard.

endure

GCM
There are alternative views of WWI; i.e. it wasn't organic but planned.

World War I: The Real Reason the Great War Happened

I go one step further, there is a spiritual impulse for a one world government to control humanity. It has manifested itself throughout history in many ways, from the Romans to the Mongols to the IS Caliphate and now with the idea of the NWO and the use of technology to control and enslave us. It's the same spiritual entity behind all of them. Once you recognise it then you won't be sidetracked by academic analysis.

Here's and example, what was the true purpose of Hitler's holocaust? It was a mass sacrifice to the entity Hitler worshiped who feeds off despair and suffering.
Your mum says it's time for tea and if you aren't home sharpish she's going to give you another spanking... :rofl:

In my experience, the anti vaxers are more educated because they ask the right questions.
What, pray tell, do you believe are the “right” questions.
In my experience it doesn’t matter what questions you ask if you either don’t understand or are going to wilfully misinterpret the answers.

I don't have to show you anything. Do your own research
Don’t you mean “I cannot show you any proof. Would you please justify my argument for me as I am unable to.”?
This Dis, Mis & Mal is by whose standard? They really must think people are stupid and can't make up their own mind without big daddy telling them what to think.
Oddly these campaigns are recommending that people do cast a critical eye over the information they consume rather than believing what they read from unreliable sources. Q is your big daddy... Sorry, that should read Who is your big daddy that is making your mind up for you?
This anxiety about the COVID vaccine, imho, is caused by two factors: the speed of the human trials by-passing animal trial and the new technology of mRNA vaccine (for some vaccines) which has never worked in animal studies.
In the world of making things, you can have two out of cheap, good and quick. The vaccine has had a lot of resources thrown at it.
In any case, nearly 18 million people have had the vaccine in the UK alone. I’ve seen no reports of unexpected side effects so far.

Of all the subjects to comment on you chose this?! How odd.

Are you trying to misdirect?
Having seen friends have their children taken away (thankfully briefly) during one of the Satanic Panics started by cnuts like you, it's not odd at all. As for 'doing our research' (the last refuge of a cretin incapable of independent thought and whose 'research' invariably involves going to other cretins' online dribble), grownups provide proof to support their assertions.

So on a lighter note. Conspircyloons or whatever they're called, herself is one. I tell you, twatter and facebook and the rest of the crap, she's on them. It's a constant stream of entertainment.

Some of the sh!te she comes out with after being on the computer for four hours, I can only last so long and then I crack up laughing and she gets all pi$$ed off at me for not taking her seriously.

I manged to annoy her again a half hour or so back. I'm going to make one of them tin foil hats and leave it on the desk in her office.

She's a very highly educated woman...WTF! Is it a hobby or something? :?

Ritch

LE
So on a lighter note. Conspircyloons or whatever they're called, herself is one. I tell you, twatter and facebook and the rest of the crap, she's on them. It's a constant stream of entertainment.

Some of the sh!te she comes out with after being on the computer for four hours, I can only last so long and then I crack up laughing and she gets all pi$$ed off at me for not taking her seriously.

I manged to annoy her again a half hour or so back. I'm going to make one of them tin foil hats and leave it on the desk in her office.

She's a very highly educated woman...WTF! Is it a hobby or something? :?

I'd say try and stop her from falling down the rabbit hole but it sounds like she's already down at the bottom!

We've got a live one here, folks. Wonder if we can teach it to balance a biscuit on its nose...?

Stibbon

Old-Salt

In my experience, the anti vaxers are more educated because they ask the right questions. Just Google 'front line health workers refusing the vaccine' and you'll get some interesting insights from around the world. This anxiety about the COVID vaccine, imho, is caused by two factors: the speed of the human trials by-passing animal trial and the new technology of mRNA vaccine (for some vaccines) which has never worked in animal studies.

God knows what the full picture of these vaccines are going to be in the future.

But people are stupid. That's been proven enough already.

The basis for any "anxiety" (in your opinion) might well be based on a sub-standard scientific interpretation of what possible pitfalls there might be in hurrying the whole thing through (not that there was any real choice), but the majority of people refusing the vaccine are just ignorant of any real facts. They cry "Wolf" purely because their friends do and prefer instead to take stupid Facebook memes and hysterical fake news as gospel rather than just accept and do what the majority are.
I'm guessing these ********* are quite happy to stuff whatever a supermarket or "health food" shop might sell them down their throats without so much as a second thought but when it comes to a Covid vaccine, Oh no - the world's out to get them and they're all gonna die!! :rolleyes:

Latest Threads