Countering Sexism ... what to call a female Rupert?

Occasionally, ie, every other Planck time, my brain goes walkabout and leaves me puzzling over some trivial item, such as the meaning of reality or how long is a piece of string. Tonight it's: if a male officer is called a Rupert, then what is a female officer called? Being too idle to look it up, and in a moment of jamais vu, not being sure that I've ever heard such a name, I thought I'd pose the question on the Fount of All Knowledge, or failing that, ARRSE.

Rupertina? Rupertess? Rupertette? Penelope? Lucinda? Lucy? :???:

Most female officers in my day seemed to be either called "Jane" or "Sarah"

I must confess, I've never come across a generic term. If terms need to be created for female Ruperts and Rodneys, can I suggest Hermiones and Penelopes?

As long as she does not hear you, then you can call her whatever you like.

I remember when i was a JL at Harrogate, we had a rather nice female RAEC Officer teaching us some shit or other. She left the room one day for a minute or so and my oppo jumped up and went and sniffed the seat of her chair. It was at this stage she walked back in, catching him with his face fully implanted where her arse had been only seconds before.

We called her Ma'am by the way.

Liability?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

In the SADF (Seffrrican Defence Force) we didn't call rank "Sir" or "Ma'am", merely by rank ("Yes, Captain" ). Much easier than Ma'am or marm. As for Rupert - I agree with Vampireuk, as that terminology is often asexual, especially for the just-graduated hossifer.

I found my last female OC, a buxom west country lass, coloured up a treat if I shouted "All roightt moi luvverrr!" after her!

"Alright Luv?" always seemed to bring them up short.

'Ma'am' when outnumbered by seniors, 'kneel bitch' once you've got them back to the Travel Lodge, and 'stop fúcking calling me, it was only a one-off' the day after.

Lucinda is the best one I think.

I remember being sat listening to my instructor use it numerous occasions, one such being when teaching one of the many bits of kit required to make Bowman (not) work.

"Remember, you need to keep this thing in site, because despite the thirty times you've reminded them, Lucinda or Tarquinn will want to go on a jolly through the woods with your GPS then start harping, in a mighty distressed tone, 'signaller, signaller!' when they discover they've become billy no-comms"

I recall a charming female officer who spent time with us in the Falklands. The lads referred to her as TFW which, being a befuddled old WO2, confused me; the OC of Hillside Holiday Villas was known as Terry Fuck Wit (TFW for short) so I couldn't understand how they'd picked the same name for her. After a beer or two they explained that it stood for 'That Fucking Woman'.

In the SADF (Seffrrican Defence Force) we didn't call rank "Sir" or "Ma'am", merely by rank ("Yes, Captain" ). Much easier than Ma'am or marm. As for Rupert - I agree with Vampireuk, as that terminology is often asexual, especially for the just-graduated hossifer.

Then you get the more or less retarded boneheads calling them "tannie", particularly in infantry units where you didn't see many female officers.