Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Counterfiiet pound coins

There are so many different designs on these coins that I defy anyone (except a hardened train-spotter type) to even know what a real one should look like. Many's the time I thought someone had handed me a foreign coin. Bring back pound notes!

Apparently between 1 in 30 & 1 in 40 £1 coins in circulation are beleived to be fake, over £41 million !

Some coin operated m/c's can detect them and will reject them!

paperboy.jpg

amoni.jpg

And my personal favourite

famous-brands-shanzai-black-labial.jpg

Not quite a counterfeit, but an "old" 5p coin was remarkably similar to a 1DM coin. At least German venders thought so.....

back in the early nineties, I had a bundle of fake 20's that I had acquired in Wrexham, about 4grand in all. Went to the local cop station one day with my shotgun certificate renewal form, and handed over £20 to pay for it. Stood waiting for 15 mins, till the cop came back, holding the £20 note up in the air and declaring " it looks like we may have a problem, Sir". Cold sweat ensued as I gaped at the obviously fake 20 that he was grasping in his sweaty paws. "What problem would that be", I barely managed to gasp out. " No-one in the station has got change of a 20 note", he says. Sensing that I may not after all be spending some time in ' the big hoose' I took it from him, telling him I would change it at the newsagents. Returned later with the correct money, not before I had gone home and bonfired the rest of them.

Who's trying to have who over, here.

Bit niffy, possible bovine excrement me thinks.

The old style fakes that were common a few years back were made of lead and then coated with some sort of gold effect. They were a slightly different colour (darker) but the real test was to scratch them. The lead showed up clearly. I got rid of most of mine in the canteen card charging machine at work but the later machines could detect the weight difference. It seems the new ones are better but if you can't tell the difference, WTF?

How many times have you looked at pound coins, clocked a different design(they seem to change regularly and without the BoE publicising the change- unlike notes) and carried on without another thought?

Now we are told if a vending machine bins my coin it might be a fake.

So I'm going to isolate it, hand it in and loose a quid? Yeh right!
I took it in good faith so it goes in an over the counter payment. End of!

lol, absolutely true, I can assure you. The next time you have uninformed opinions on someones veracity, keep them to yourself. Stupid mong.

I could believe it all about buying hooky notes as i know they were and still are for sale but NOBODY could be as feckin stupid as to try and pass one off in the local nick.

I could believe it all about buying hooky notes as i know they were and still are for sale but NOBODY could be as feckin stupid as to try and pass one off in the local nick.

Or even handing them in, so Plod could perhaps catch the printers. Isurp-guy obviously didn't fancy spending them (after he purchased them) as in his mind, sorry, in his garden he burnt them. WTF?