Counter Terror Expo - London, 19 - 20 April 2011

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bomb-int, Nov 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those that are interested in such things. Intelligent Armour Limited will be exhibiting at next year's Counter Terror Expo in London (19 - 20 April).

I shall also be giving a 20 min presentation on Body Armour at the Personal Protection Equipment Workshop.

2. It wasn't too bad last year (much better than previous years) and the quality of free stuff available from some of the bigger stands was good.

3. Free stuff ey?

4. Great if you like looking at barriers/ fencing and blast walls !

I can only hope you have a side room for your talk ,trying to listen to the open air presentations last year was dreadfull IMO, with all the other trafic and distractions going on around you.

dont think ill be going this year

5. We hope to be showing off some new brands to add to our range of about 20 tactical brands.

As for free stuff, we have some 5.11 Caps & Intelligent Armour Polo shirts and whatever we can get off Blackhawk etc.

I can understand people's fustration with these types of show, most of the UK shows are much the same, MILIPOL Qatar is a good show though, as you don't get most of the idiots there who are there to look but not place orders!

6. I agree with Fatmini about the placement of the talks. There were some areas where you had people wandering round on three sides and you were constantly distracted. The only ones that were wroth attending were the ones that were happening upstairs.

7. Just recently received my letter & brochure through for this event, however highly doubtful in attending

Plenty of stands, toys on show etc, the two workshops interesting but a lot was crammed in overal within Olympia

I heard it was an improvement on it's previous location of QE

8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Is this thing worth going to both days or are they both the same ?

9. Depends on which talks/workshops you wish to attend ? otherwise all the other stands as far as im aware are the same both days.

10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Thanks, just interested in the personal body armour stuff really and of course the freebies !!!!

11. IIRC the freebies, judging by last year's event were nothing more than brochures and plenty of stall rep's attempting to hand out business cards/networking, might be different this year however.

12. Can I also attend conferences if I have only 'exhibition visitor pass'?

13. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

No, just the exhibition.

14. Ahh...ballocks.

Thanks

15. Go on day one, it's when there are free drinks for some kind of networking event. I shall be the one in the ARRSE tie.