Counter fire video for your entertainment

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Nov 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Someone sent me this video clip saying it was terrorists firing on allied troops. When I searched for a link, I found one saying it was the bad guys firing on the Israelis.

Either way, all's well that ends well provided there's a lot more of this sort of thing,.

Subject: Counter Mortar radar at work

Ahhh....the sweet smell of cordite and the hissing sound of shrapnel ricocheting off the walls. Music to a canon cockers' ears. Semper fi

Allah calls one home. Read this before opening attachment...

This video was ACTUALLY made by the bad guys. The cameraman is filming his friend as he praises Allah and launches mortar shots at American troops. Little does he know that new mortar shell tracking technology can track the trajectory of a hostile round and fire a retaliatory shot to precisely the spot from which the hostile
    shell was fired. This only requires the hostile mortar to fire 2 to 3 rounds.

Count the number of mortar rounds the masked insurgent fires in the video.

See how well it works. If you listen carefully you can hear the single round from the American artillery fired in the distance. It comes just after the bastard fires his third round - and his fourth round drops down the tube but that's as far as it gets.

No more Allah Akbars from this moron.

REPLACEMENT LINK: War On Terror's Site - Oops.wmv

-

2. linky no worky

3. I don't want to piss on your chips, but the last time that this vid was posted on ARRSE, the consensus was that the final explosion was due to a duff bomb. If that was counter-mortar, then the bomb would have to be extremely fast, hitting the baddies before their bombs hit the ground, and also would have to have been fired from a special sniper mortar. Even I don't think I could manage a first-round hit within inches of the target - but if I did, there wouldn't be any video surviving.

The vid in slo-mo for those who couldn't get the original link: Video: The exploding jihadi — in slo mo « Hot Air

4. Thats just a duff bomb innit?

5. That'll sting.

6. I think the important thing to take away from this one is that there is at least one less Shi-ite head kicking around.

Hmmm - maybe this we could start a rumour saying that the CIA have managed to infiltrate the enemy supply chain and have rigged at least one in every 4 rounds...

7. infiltrated? the fookin paid for their munitions!