Councils Ban Hot Cross Buns at easter

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 8O 8O 8O :roll: :roll:

Nannystate knows best

2. Once again, the blood boils. When I was a school boy we would learn about all religeons and would experience their food when their festival came around. Nobody took offence we just had fun learing about what others in the world do and celebrating with them. That included celebrating Christian festivals as they are an important part of everyday life in this country.

Pre-emptive knee jerking like this can only cause resentment and stop children learning about others that share this planet. So what if someone complains. It doesn't mean that their complaints will be coherant or justified.

AR

3. Most of these people, or their decendents came to this country out of choice. Although I would not expect them to let go of their culture or their traditions, I would also not expect them to force their culture on anyone else. If you went to live in the middle east, asia or anywhere else for that matter, would you expect the rest of your adoptive countryto shun their religion or traditions because you may be offended? They would be more likely to, at best, accept and join in, at worst arrest you for not observing the tradition.

Why should it be any different in the UK? I'm not saying that they shouldn't learn about other cultures in school, but why should British kids finish school knowing more about muslim and hindu traditions than christian ones?

If that view makes me racist, then what about the people who complained about the pan-cakes and hot cross buns? They say they were offended by the culture around them..... I'm a christian and their lack of religious tolerance offends me!!

4. Sod 'em!

Most members of minority communities would agree with the above sentiment. The fault is with the guilt-ridden middle-class social-workers who probably believe that psychopaths and paedophiles have "issues" and should be cared for in the "community".

5. Don't vote Labour.

6. this sort of idiocy tends to come from non elected council officals most councillors have half an eye on being relected :(
    nanny does'nt fear having to answer to anyone :cry:

7. Don't vote Labour.

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Interesting to note on that link is that once again it would appear to be the Islingtonites that have kicked this insanity off.
    As one of the many non-Christian organisations about, the Muslim Council of Great Britain are as bewildered as the rest of us.

http://nannyknowsbest.blogspot.com/

9. Makes the blood boil. The only good thing about this story is the sensible reaction from the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

10. Yet again, more PC madness. Sadly I think on issues like this anyone who complains to these fools, will get classed as some religious nutter (easter) as opposed to someone genuinely concerned about the erosion of standards in everyday (British) life. To**ers.

11. I'm actually half-convinced that the progenitors of these policies (the Manchester CC funded schools in Bangladesh being a prime example) are actually closet BNP Nazis determined to create a backlash.

The Muslim Counciul is quite correct, IMHO.

12. This makes me giggle actually, as stated its PC gone mad. The muslims council seems to have the voice of reason in this case, and labour just being its self and not wanting to offend any relgions bar the christians, What next is he gonna throw them to the lions as well?

When i was serving there was a story in the local paper at the time that a student had been band from flying a St george flag in there room on a university campus, as it was deemed racist.

Now with them renaming the xmas lights to Festival lights, and no hot cross buns, and even no pancakes, just makes you wonder is there anything else labour can do to ruin a christian event!!

I am not religious, i dont expect people to enforce there religons on me, as much as i dont force my beliefs on them, but all this PC is going to far.

Probablly old hook hand in jail said he got offended by it and labour have bowed over once again.

Does blair actually have a back bone?

13. I think the backbone is surgically removed when you apply to be an MP. And yes, I'm getting increasingly hacked off with state-enforced atheism.

14. That'll be a first...wonder what they're after.

15. no the muslim council of great britian mostly sane while pushing the allah thing
    muslim parliment of great britan self appointed carpet chewing ayattollahs