Council workers walk out over pay

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Biped, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

And so it begins.

There was a thread a while back which mentioned One-Eye and his ilk suggesting that to keep inflation down, public sector workers would have to accept lower pay deals. The problem with that is that, with fuel prices, taxes and gawd knows what else going through the roof, I predicted that they would all go on strike instead and bring about another Liabour winter of discontent (they are RATHER good at creating these situations, and thanks to their idea of teaching history these days, it's no wonder that ZANU NL haven't learned from it).

Another interesting part of the equation is of course that the Unions are the only people keeping ZANU NL out of the bankruptcy courts. Who's going to blink first? Will ZANU roll over and suck off the unions, or will the matter of a bankrupt nation through shoit policies make them stand their ground because there's nowhere left to grab tax revenues from?

Beeb Clicky

2. Well One eye will reap what he has sown. memories of the winter of discontent hummm! I do have a feeling this is not going too be a great time for labour...

Not going to be great for any of us to be honest.

3. Welcome back to the 1970's. Rampant inflation (the real rate - not the made-up Government rate), council workers on strike (rubbish will not be collected, schools closed etc), queues at the petrol pumps. All we need now is the Bay City Rollers to reform and we are all doomed.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Here we are blessed by a private bin contract that actually seems to work! Still I do agree, Cyclops yea shall reap what yea have sown!

5. Shhaaaaannngggaaaallaannngggg! 8)

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good reporting there!! Schools over here have been off since the middle of JUNE! 8O
    (As for the Town Hall,well that was closed down by the Newtownards Borough Council some 10 years ago...)

8. if the collections are rubbish then they should be stopped...........i'll get my own hat!

9. The thing is, common sense dictates that in the good times you save and build up a reserve of cash to cushion you against the bad times. The government should have been filling their coffers these past 10 years so that they could afford to cut taxes and duty when inflation starts to hit to offset infaltionary pressures.

But what has Mr Brown done? He's borrowed inordinately through the past 10 years - the "good times" and now we suffer the double whammy of massive national debt and huge inflationary pressures. What a moron.

10. Pah! Common sense be damned! What we need to do is now sell our gold reserves to tap into the fact that gold is very high on the markets at the moment.......... :roll:

11. There might be a slight flaw perhaps in your insightful advice to One Eye... :roll:

12. Perhaps if we announced our intention some time in advance?...

13. Fool - dont you realise that to be labelled as an economic genius you need to spend like there is no tomorrow, lavashing vast sums on quangos and social groups who will keep you in power, whilst continually saying that "under the torries things where much worse" (and ignoring the fact that the reason the torries came to power in the first place was because of labours inept handling of the economy - funny how they always brush over this point)

14. Oh splendid.
    I presume we are meant to be grateful that the one eyd thief isn't adding this two pence a litre and forgive him all his sins?
    Personally I won't be content until the treasonous bastard is hanging froma lampost

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

agreed!