Council wishes to hire consultants over lightbulbs...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vampireuk, Nov 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

You simply cannot make this stuff up.
  2. They were - names of bidders are commercially sensitive and not for release.
  3. I'm going to buy myself a ladder and put myself in the running for the £16,000 contract.
  4. It's not necessarily all that ridiculous as there will be more to it than meets the eye but they ought to have this capability in house.
  5. Raging! Consultancy is the modern equivalent of the King Midas touch! I've worked with "consultants" assisting our team. They get us to do the work, take the results and put a few pink and fluffy words around them and get paid a shed-load of money to do it. Robin-fukking Hood springs to mind!
  6. Consultant - "Show me your watch and I'll tell you the time".
  7. There are times when it makes sense to use consultants, and this is possibly one of them. While an electrical engineer can certainly do the electrical calculations, they may not have the highways experience. The report says that the council don't have the experience, but is this a permannet position or do they have a vacancy for someone with that skill set. This task looks like a one-off exercise, so it may not be worth getting a permanent member of staff to deal with this.
  8. £16,000, they must be having a laugh, I,d want at least £160.000, I,m worth it, I,ve got my own ladders and my bike :!: :!:
  9. 40,000 energy-saving light bulbs.

31,000 street lamps,
    5,300 illuminated signs and bollards and
    4,000 traffic light bulbs in Calderdale

so 31000 + 5300 + 4000 = 40300

Hmm my plan will be to buy 300 more bulbs and replace em all.... £16 Grand please